Sigma Sport BC 906 Computer

• Low battery indicator
  • Actual speed
  • Maximum speed

Spec7   Cross Country Rider [Nov 20, 2011]
Strength:

Great computer, very reliable and easy to set up.

The mounting style; both how it mounts to the handlebars and how the computer mounts into the sensor bracket.

It was a great computer however I really had to be very mindful of it on the bike and always make sure it was fully seated into the handlebar mount bracket. You slightly rotate the computer to remove it from the handlebar mount. It makes for a super easy way to remove the computer however it makes for a super easy way to knock the computer off the bike mistakenly. For 6 years I did a good job of not knocking it off the bike until yesterday. I had been riding all day when I looked down to see that the computer was missing. I must have inadvertently tapped it at some point and now it is somewhere on a trail at Enterprise South mixed in with the massive leaf fall we've had. Maybe I'll find it in the spring on a random ride, but I'm going to replace it with another Cateye Enduro 8.

Similar Products Used: Cateye Enduro 8
MYRockhopper   Weekend Warrior [Oct 01, 2010]
Strength:

Works perfectly, easy to install, easy to use, display is very clear, battery life is long, works as it should

if I had to pick oue I would say that the mount for the magnet is only held on with rubber bands and I can see in time the rubber possibly deteriorating and breaking, otherwise I have found no weakness to this computer.

Fair price for a bike computer that works, has all of the features that I need for my rides and I would say that if someone is in the market for a decent bike computer that works like it was meant to this one fits that perfectly.

Similar Products Used: other Sigma speedos
BhamJonathan   Weekend Warrior [Jul 14, 2010]
Strength:

Worked great for years. Display was clear

Sensor not strong enough. Would like a dual tire size mode.

My LBS gave me this computer when I purchased my bike. I've used it for over three years. I've had too many MTB crashes to count and this computer has just kept going. Display is clear and accurate. All informatin I'd want to see is available. Setting the computer was not a problem. Sigma customer support was great when I needed them.
What I am now looking for that the 906 does not have. 1). Support a dual tire mode, 2). back light, 3). Altimiter, 4). cadence.

Justme   Weekend Warrior [Jul 01, 2009]
Strength:

Easy to use, Easy to install, can be mounted on the stem instead of the bars and that is where I have mine, It plain old works!

A simple to use low cost computer that does everything that it claims to, what else can you ask for?

Similar Products Used: Sigma 500
Wavz   Weekend Warrior [Aug 18, 2007]
Strength:

Nice display, easy to mount, and real easy to set up. Plus a sleek and nice looking computer.

None that I have seen as of yet, but if I come across any I'll update at once.

Not the top of the line, but it is a solid computer with all of the functions you need without going over the top. I've put 30 miles on it already and love it so far.

Similar Products Used: Schwinn something or other that I had to give up to my girlfriend, (She riding in the MS 150)
Nunya Biz   Weekend Warrior [Jun 20, 2007]
Strength:

Easy to install, Easy to read, gives me all the info I need and was not expensive. Seems to be quite reliable.

None that I know of yet, but have only had it about a month so far.

So far I think it is a fine little puter especially for the price. Its made in Germany and rarely does crap come from Germany. I will update in several months or if it messes up.

Similar Products Used: none
Tony Milone   Weekend Warrior [May 19, 2007]
Strength:

Easy to read display. Large text is easy to see while riding. Easy installation. Nice controls.

Availability - you don't find these in many shops. Go to the manufacturer website to check out the product demo and find it online if you like it.

The Sigma bike computers are excellent. Try and find another computer with a display this easy to read.

Similar Products Used: Cheap no name model that works fine on my other bike - howere text is too small to read while riding.
Squirrelman   Weekend Warrior [Mar 02, 2008]
Strength:

Large/clear display, easy to attach/set up, lots of functions

Short of getting a GPS set-up, this should be the one and only comp. you need to monitor your progress or train with in general. My first time adding/using a comp.-took me maybe 10 mins. total to put on my bike. I had to move the sensor a couple of times-was too far away to register-user error :P