Sette Quantum X2 Wireless Computer Computer

Sette Quantum X2 Wireless Computer Computer

11 function wireless computer installs on any bike without tools.

[Sep 28, 2015]
jacob

Strength:

looks good has good intentions of being nice. dies fast to make company more money.

worked for a whopping 22.12 miles before the sensor no longer picked it up. still clicks at every rotation just wont send to the head unit. this was less than a month after i bought it and since then had been trying to get it switched or fixed to no avail.

really wish I had seen these reviews before I decided to buy it. this hunk oh junk only lasted two short rides before it just stopped working ten miles out on the trail. and since it would cost more to send back than originally purchased for I'm out the money and have a shiny piece of trash that needs replaced. and no cash to do so.

so in short between my computer and shoes from sette that both lasted less then fifty miles before they began to brake and fall apart I suggest that you look at the leading competitors before you even think about this brand for any bike related stuff even if it is a good deal considering it will cost you double or more in the end when you have to replace the junk they sell.

a number of cat eye products with no problems what so ever.

[Nov 09, 2013]
Steve

Strength:

nice display, easy to ready, easy to switch modes

Does not last long

I had purchased one of these from price point and after about 10months it died and would no longer pick up the wheel sensor (replaced batteries and same results). Price point (excellent customer service) sent me a free replacement (including shipping). I put on the second unit and rode happily for about 6months and now this one died the same way (you can hear the wheel sensor register an audible electronic click when it passes the magnet but will not register speed/mileage on the main unit. Switch to new batteries and same result. Sadly I can't recommend this product and just switched to a cateye strada wireless. Hopefully the cateye will last longer (it is much more expensive then the x2.

[Sep 17, 2013]
Jesse Saathoff

Strength:

Nice display

Have a 29er and dose not work

Need help can't find Owners manual so if you have a 29er and it works please help me with the Tire size for the computer thanks

[Sep 22, 2008]
Abdon

Strength:

Wireless, simple and to the point

No back light, stupid calorie and fat functions, poor documentation.

After I purchased this product I started looking for installation hints and found this page. I guess I was one of the lucky ones as mine worked fine from the beginning.

All I wanted was a simple wireless unit with speed, odometer, and a clock. This one also has maximum speed and trip odometer which I consider a nice touch. I wish there was a way to disable the calorie and fat counter, which IMO is a worthless feature, considering how it is little better than a wild guess. For instance, it gives you the same caloric credit whether you are pedaling uphill or coasting.

The #1 deficiency is that it doesn't have a back light. Very annoying if you ride at night.

Bottom line; for the price you could do a lot worse. Put a button with a back light so it could be used in the dark and it would be a solid 5

none so far

[Sep 20, 2006]
Gordo E

Strength:

big display, cheap price, easy install

Doesn't work !!

Same as others didn't work out of box.

Got intermittant signal. Sensor is working (can hear a 'tick' as magnet passes sensor). Haven't tried a new battery in sensor but will give it a go but i'm not feeling confident after reading other bad reports :(

Have emailed Sette and Pricepoint to get replacement v2 (which is "all new and redesigned" hmmm wonder why ?!?").

Caveat emptor doesn't work here as it's from a big manufacturer that should produce working products. Maybe less features, weaker build or shorter lifespan but DOA isn't acceptable IMHO.

Will post followup if Pricepoint/Sette come to the party and send a gratis WORKING V2 in good faith. have always had EXCELLENT service from Pricepoint and my other Sette products work great...will wait n see :/

cateye mity 2, cateye astrale

[Sep 01, 2006]
Will

Strength:

Nice display. Easy to scroll through functions.

Doesn't work. Instruction book is difficult to read. Better to just start clicking buttons. But as I said before, it doesn't work so why bother.

Buy something else. The display looks great but it arrived with low batteries and after replacing the batteries I've never gotten the display to show any signs of talking with the transmitter.

[Apr 30, 2006]
Mac

Strength:

none this thing sucks!!!!!

Every thing!! they dont work and need to be ataken off the market

THis is crap!! do not buy!!! if i couold it would have Negative Chili's

[Jul 28, 2005]
Alex L

Strength:

Large numbers on the screen

Everything except large numbers. I have already been through two batteries, had to reset the computer 5+ times, the computer only works 50% of the time, and several other complaints.

Do not purchase this product. Save your money and put it towards a computer that costs a litlle extra money. This is a true case of "you get what you pay for!"

[Jun 09, 2005]
Jeff

Strength:

Large display

It sucks. Same as the other reviews. Although the clock has functioned fine.

I replaced the batteries and still the comp had to be within 8" of the transmitter to receive the signal. I returned it for another one and experienced the same problem. My brother has had the exact same problem as well. Very poor quality and or design. DO NOT BUY THIS.

[May 16, 2005]
Rodney

Strength:

Big visible numbers

Once in a while it stops working for a few minutes and I can't figure out why.

I haven't had many problems. It's not the best computer out there but for what I paid, it's well worth it. As I stated earlier, it does seem to stop working for short periods at a time but it's pretty rare. And it usually only last a few minutes. I haven't been able to figure out why this happens but it does. When I first bought this, the batteries were dead. I called PricePoint and they immediately shipped out 3 extra batteries. That's what the fella below should have done. PricePoint stands behind the product and I'd purchase another one if I needed one. If you're looking for the greatest wireless computer out there, spend some real cash on one. But if you're looking for an affordable wireless computer, this is hard to beat.

Cateye, Ascent