Serfas HWC-3 Level 2.2 Computer

HWC-3 Level 2.2

EasyTo set up, easyTo use 14 functions: Current Speed, Average Speed, Max Speed,Trip,TripTimer, Speed Comparator, Odometer, Scan, SpeedTendency, OutsideTemperature, Programmable Repair indicator, Freeze frame, Memory, Digital Clock, Odometer Save Multi Language Compatible Handlebar and Stem mountable Auto Start / Stop Serfas Level 2.2 Computer has everything a bike rider needs and comes equipped with 14 usable functionsThat are easily programable.

Glenn   [Jun 12, 2013]
Strength:

Looks nice. When it works it is nice.

Battery is hard to replace. Unit will not shut off and drains battery. Unit use less thaijn 50 miles

Total junk. I bought two of these for my wife and me. One drained the battery when it was off and the other would not turn off.
Because of an accident we did not use for one year. Had to replace batteries and one battery was drained before we got to the bike trail and the other will not turn off. For all the great advertisement they are no good.

nuj   Weekend Warrior [Aug 02, 2009]
Strength:

big screen and the instrumentation like thermometer is ok

unit doesn't function well, after just a month in use, it doesn't start even when you try to rest it by pressing both buttons at the same time or by removing the battery. really useless compare to my cateye wireless or my other very cheap computer that i replace it with.

don't buy this product not worth the effort and the money. it just doesn't deliver

Similar Products Used: cateye cyclo computer
Zippy The Pinhead   Weekend Warrior [Jul 27, 2009]
Strength:

It was cheap... just $9.77 on clearance (formerly $30).

Installation takes some fine-tuning. No off switch. Battery is a relatively expensive #2032 coin battery, doesn't last very long.

Got it on clearance, so I didn't spend big dollars. I don't regret purchasing it-- I got the information I wanted from it, more or less-- but the installation takes some fine-tuning to make it work, and the lack of an off switch (you need to remove the battery cover to shut it off) means it needs to be re-configured for use every time you turn it back on. You need to affirm language, units (Metric or English), and set the wheel size, at minimum, every single time.

Per the instructions, the sensors need to be within 4mm of the magnets to pick up, but they are placed in such a way so that damage would be minimized if a magnet actually came in contact with a sensor during usual operation.

I feel sorry for the poor folks who paid BassPro $30 for these, and I guess I now understand why they were on clearance. But if you can get it for around what I paid, and are willing to tinker with/fine-tune the sensor installation to get it working, plus you have a good supply of #2032 coin batteries, go ahead and throw your money away on it.

An afterthought: after I bought it, a guy in my LBS told me they'd stopped carrying these Serfas computers because they had too many problems.

Similar Products Used: None
Mims   Weekend Warrior [Jul 20, 2009]

This computer is great when you use it as a speedometer or odometer. However, it is hard to use, and the setup is not like the manual describes it. The manual walks you through the setup on the computer, but the computer doesn't do what the manual says it is supposed to. There is no way to set up the clock, for example, to tell you what time it is. Also, the batteries wear out quickly, because there is no on/off button, and the computer does not automatically turn off after a certain time. It does not save your wheel size, so you have to manually set it every time you get out on the course. Overall, this is a piece of junk. Buy a different one.