CatEye Velo 2 Computer

Velo 2

The Velo2 offers the simplicity of one button operation, six of the most useful cycle computer functions, and four great features including an average speed pace arrow and a velocity indicator. Add to this a quick-tie bracket sensor kit and you get one of the most powerful and user friendly cycle computers made today.

Ish   Racer [Mar 06, 2009]
Strength:

It works

Bad in wet weather

I jut need it to check speed and distance, don't need nothing fancy

Similar Products Used: Cat eye products
Helmy   Weekend Warrior [Jun 07, 2003]
Strength:

Durability, ease of operation, basic features, and easy instalation

None that I have found yet

FOr the price and its easy set up and operation and dependability you cant go wrong

Similar Products Used: Specialized enduro
Matthieu Gascon   Weekend Warrior [Aug 31, 2002]
Strength:

Cheap price for the quality

thin wires,no max speed fonction, it lags a bit

Its actually a good computer for the quality/price.
But its not the best one.

Similar Products Used: Never add another one...
Mark   Racer [Dec 26, 2001]
Strength:

Quick and accurate readout of speed makes it easy to tune TT performance, simple operation and easy setup are also great

No max speed function

This computer is the best I have seen for accuracy and precision. The display also responds very quickly to changes in speed.

Similar Products Used: Vetta, Avocet
Kwik- Z   Cross Country Rider [Sep 09, 2001]
Strength:

large display, gives you what you need to know,

skinny wire, poor connection,

This would be a great computer if the wire weren't fragile and the connection so bad. the display is great, and gives you speed, total distance, time, trip distance. the slightest vibration, though, knocks the thing out of wack, and just when you think "i've never gone this fast before" you look down and the crappy thing says "0" well for a road biker it would be great, but any slight vibration pretty much renders it useless. i'll give it 2 for being a good product that just doesn't have what it takes for the trails, but would do fine on the road; at least it could perform in one application.

Similar Products Used: specialized computers, (much better)
Dale   [Aug 08, 2002]
Strength:

It's cheap

-Has really weak wires.
-Doesn't track anything once in a while even when everything is hooked up properly.
-Doesn't track maximum speed.

You get what you pay for. If I knew better I would've paid a bit more for a better computer.

Don   Cross Country Rider [Aug 04, 2001]
Strength:

It was only $15 if it breaks big deal. Single button operation.

Whish it displayed top speed.

Use it. Abuse it. If it breaks your not out of big bucks. I feel it is solid, has a good design, and is very simple to use.

Similar Products Used: don't remember. But they both got destroyed.
Frank Carlson   [Mar 18, 2001]
Strength:

Accurate after calibration. Basic functions are quickly
paced through for performance review. Easy to Use and readable.

Does not have maximum speed indicator which was sometimes interesting to me with my previous computer.
No backlight for fading light conditions.

The Velo 2 was my basic training monitor which I used to keep my weight down and burn off excess body fat. It never failed me in the 871.2 miles that I have driven since March of 2000. I have it calibrated to be off only 1/100 of a mile in 5 miles of trail. I cannot function without a pacing monitor to give me speed information. I burned off about 5 percent body fat on this bicycle (Tanita TBF 612 body fat monitor). I am a data freak - and this is a very pleasant way to be obsessive compulsive.

Similar Products Used: Old Cateye that conked out after about 6 years.
Steve Eckardt   Cross Country Rider [Dec 28, 2000]
Strength:

Cheap
Easy to use

Cheap
Doesn't have the full line of features

I bought this as a cheap computer for my road bike that I ride when the trails are too trashy to go mountain biking. I only desired the basic functions and that's all this computer gives you. I only bought it because of the Cateye name. Still, for a low-level piece, it gets the job done and I have not had any difficulties with it.