CatEye Tomo Computer Computer

Tomo Computer

Chris   Weekend Warrior [Jun 23, 2003]
Strength:

Cheap. appearance.

very thin wire, magnate only comply to standard 32 spoke wheel. Sensor strip isn't big enough for most of the new suspension fork.

Only good for road use, don't buy it if you mountain biking (wire is way too thin).
I couldn't get it on my Sugar, put it to an old hard tail for communte use only.

Similar Products Used: Only good for road use, don't buy it if you mountain biking.
Stephen Wilson   [Jul 13, 2002]
Strength:

Just plain EASY . . . to install and use.

Remembering to "pause" it when stopping for a short break. No product weaknesses!

Worth the price and improves bike outings.

Similar Products Used: None
Jayme Snyder   Cross Country Rider [Jun 19, 2006]
Strength:

Quick Cheap and easy to use - I put it through hell for 3 years and it still works.

I think it has a top speed of 52km/h and becomes less accurate at high speeds. Clock looses time.

For everyday use its good - not the greatest - but at $20, you cant go wrong even if it exploded and you got a piece of it in your eye.

Alain   [Apr 20, 2005]
Strength:

Very easy to use and install. Simple functions. Easy to switch displays while riding. Haven't replaced the battery after 2 seasons. Easy to clip on and clip off. Doesn't fall off.

Not so easy to reset the odometer in the beginning of the season. I keep resetting the wheel diameter, which is not that hard to put back to the right value. Clock needs to be adjusted every once in a while.

Great value for the money. If all you need are time elapsed, current speed, avg. speed, max. speed, trip distance, odometer and clock, this is a great computer.

Tim   Weekend Warrior [Apr 11, 2002]
Strength:

Inexpensive
Easy to install

None that I have seen

It is so simple to use even my 7 year old daughter could use it. I put it on her bike to help encourage her to ride faster and further.

It was very easy to install and it still works fine after about 8 months - 150 miles of riding. It is basic, with no fancy extras.

Similar Products Used: Cateye Vectra
Cateye Astrale
Dean   Cross Country Rider [Aug 21, 2002]
Strength:

All the info you need; CHEAP! Easy install

unable to use on more than one bike w/ different wheel sizes

This is a great odometer for those of you who want something cheap to clock your time, max speed, and mileage. I've had it on for about 900km so far, and it's great. It's old technology, hence the low price. I think my first Cateye was this very same setup. 5 piles of steaming monkey poop.

Similar Products Used: Cateye Mity3 on my MTB.
CL   Weekend Warrior [Apr 18, 2003]
Strength:

Good looking, easy to install, very sensitive reading.
cheap! Auto function work very well, get pretty much all functions I need.

Monitor(text) can be larger,
Sensor doesn't go on 28 spokes rim.

The cheapest one you can get with auto mode and 10 functions, very sensitive reading up to about 5mm (better than my other Ascent wireless, which won't get any signal beyond 2mm). I would have given it 5 chills if I didn't swap my wheel to a 28 spokes rim, which won't take the computer sensor. I am dispointed because it's such a good computer but didn't have a universal design to fit diffrent rim type, Ascent's sensor can easilly fixed to one single spoke, which I think is a better design.