CatEye RD300W Strada Wireless Computer

RD300W Strada Wireless

The Strada Wireless boasts the largest screen and numbers in its class. Thanks to the new CatEye ClickTec? interface, you can switch among seven modes by simply pressing the bottom of the computer face.

brendas50   Racer [Jul 26, 2011]
Strength:

accurate
easy to program and use
tough

We ride the roads daily 25-50 miles
I wear glasses and needed a computer visible at a glance
Awesome little computer!
It does everything I need.
Light, easy to program and use
Accurate
Would recommend it to friends

BlueWheels   Cross Country Rider [Jan 02, 2011]
Strength:

All the features I want, Easy to set up, Easy to read

Battery dies quickly, Changes screens when I don't want it to

I bought this computer to have a cheap odometer on my bike and, for the most part, it does everything I want. As others have said, the sensor can slide a bit, but a bit of tape fixed that problem for me and I have had no issues since. My opinion of the computer is that it is fine. It doesn't work particularly well, but there is nothing wrong with it either.

Similar Products Used: Various
Ruger   Cross Country Rider [Aug 14, 2009]
Strength:

Did not transmit, tried two, with many different placements. Would work intrmittently but apparently would not transmit around my Fox fork.

Fin for a street bike. Does not work on Mountain Bike.
Went to a wired computer.

Similar Products Used: Micro
Austinbiker   Cross Country Rider [Jun 16, 2009]
Strength:

Lots of features, good wireless reception, easy to read screen.

Receiver doesn't mount well on suspension forks. It kept moving around on me and needed to be readjusted constantly. Comp pops off the mount, as everyone has mentioned. Lost it after 3 rides- I don't ride sissy xc, but I'm no gravity rider either.

Not any good if it falls off.

Gerardes   Weekend Warrior [May 28, 2009]
Strength:

Great readability, Big numbers, quick setup, easy to use

The Speed sensor on your front fork has a hard time staying in place. I've snapped that thing off 3 different times in 2 weeks. I'm not riding crazy either.

Good buy but, the speed sensor should be held to the fork with something more durable then zip ties. I would rather add minimal weight with a metal attachment and not have any issues/worries. I did take it through a brook (forgot it was on the bike)and it still works fine. All in all not bad.

Similar Products Used: N/A
BigJohn13   Cross Country Rider [Mar 19, 2009]
Strength:

Small devise with large readable screen, stem or handlbar mounts, 8 functions, 9 features, no tools required to mount this computer, takes only 10 to 15 minutes.

price, small instructions.

Cateye really owns this product line market and the strata wireless is really one of the best MTB units available because of its small size yet large screen, easy no-tools attachment to either your stem or bars, and the many functions and features that you need to track your distance and time. On this particular model, when mounted, you simply push the lower part of the unit to function through the settings and displays. It is really a nice, higher end unit, especially if you can find it for around $45.

Similar Products Used: Various specialized private labels
asanathema   Cross Country Rider [Feb 22, 2009]
Strength:

wireless. moderately easy to install. compatible with a variety of fork types. features.

computer mount. perhaps this is a cold weather problem, but the retaining clip snapped off while removing the computer in 5 degree snow. duct tape fixed it, so the computer won't vanish during a ride but my velo 5 had a more secure retention system. sensor mount might not like large forks, now sticky back to secure mount.

My velo 5 worked wonders on my DB Peak so I got another when I went dual sus. Cable shorted and sensor magnet got chipped resulting in sporadic readings only in the rain. switched to the strada and aside from wheel diameter difference, I like the features, especially for the odometer input. it's small, white and looks great on the bike. once the magnet is in the sensor path no problems. good reading distance, mounted both on stem and handle bars, have to keep it on the handle bars as my helmet and goggles make it impossible to "just glance" at it while on the road. true xc ers shouldn't have a problem though. 4 value it's an improvement over the velo 5 but for retail price the retention clip could be better. 4 overall it's a computer, it's got more features than my previous one, but still it's not making cars disappear.

Similar Products Used: cateye velo 5
manwe   Cross Country Rider [Feb 08, 2009]
Strength:

Compact! Great interface and features.

The mount and base.

It's a great computer but the damn thing pops off the mount and now my computer is gone. So I think the value rating sucks. It's no good if it want stay on your bike.

Similar Products Used: Cateye and a few others can't remember
cobym2   Cross Country Rider [Dec 26, 2008]
Strength:

Typical cateye durability, ease of use, functionality. Really small and light. Versatile mount.

sensor mount was not the most stable and would get knocked out of position, resulting in no reading,

The Strada has tons of features and works great, like most Cateye releases. It is very small, but still readable. It has a versatile and simple mount for bar or stem. One minor gripe is that the Strada wireless is exactly that - a wireless computer for the streets. It is an excellent and lightweight computer, dont get me wrong. But on aggressive trails with lots of brush, grass, rocks, portages, etc. the sensor on the fork will get knocked around will sometimes result in no reading. Still an excellent computer for me, for XC and road.

Similar Products Used: Cateye Vectra wireless, Cronosport (crap), Serfas, etc.