CatEye Mity 2 Computer

Cateye Mity 2

Seab Grece   Cross Country Rider [Jul 27, 2015]
Strength:

Well, it's 2015 and this thing built circa 1992 is still clearly marking my kms

Not sure if you can call it a 'weakness' but a couple of years ago I bounced it squarely off a tree; squashed the battery a bit so I had to replace it... the battery.

Unbelievable value. Won't cue your smartphone, mind you.

Alpha-Q   Cross Country Rider [Feb 06, 2009]
Strength:

Been with me for over 12 years now. battery just died this couple of days.

Excellent item and easy to use

Chris   Weekend Warrior [Nov 12, 2001]
Strength:

I have the older model. It has taken ALL the abuse I have ever given it. It has been at least 4 years and it is still on the first Battery!
I fully enjoy all of the features- distance odo for both trip and overall. Average Speed is very helpfull for training type rides. Stop watch to time your run. and of course speedometer and max speed to see how fast your were bombing that last downhill.

A little tough on set up due to the useless directions. I had to just play with it to figure out the features. A little trouble to switch from my old Cannodale to my new fat forks on my Rock Shocks- No help from LBS so I had to rig something up.

Very good cheap light computer. The wire is a little wimpy but so what! The only trouble i ever had was crashing hard on some rocks it reset itself (just the trip stuff not the overall odo) once. I even washed it in the washing machine and it was still working great!!
Never had to change the battery. Very helpfull in logging miles for repairs and check ups. Good value and good product 5 flaming MULES!!

Similar Products Used: none
Miguel santos   Weekend Warrior [Nov 30, 2001]
Strength:

Many functions, resists well to rain and dirt

The wire is a bit fragile. I had to replace it twice. The odometer resets if you remove the battery.

It was probably the best cyclo computer you could buy a few years ago. It's still a very good option these days, if you are able to find it in any shop. If you do, remember that it' an old model and it should be sold cheaper... The central unit looks better than the ones on more recent models.

Similar Products Used: Cateye Mitty 3, Enduro 2, other models of unknown brands
Andrei   downhiller [Nov 10, 1998]

I had a Mighty 2 for three years now, 2,500 miles, rain nor mud could stop this thing, even after a few cross country races and three downhill races, it has been working fine. Two weeks ago I acsidentally ripped the wire, and now it doesn't work. For sub $20 this is the best toy around. Now I have a AT 100 that is a real computer, speet pressure, temperature, altitude, time..... well everything except cadence.

Don Seib   racer [Jun 11, 1996]

I have used a Mitey 2 on my road bike for a while so I decided to try on the dirt machines. Its a basic no frills bike computer which is all you want for mountin biking. Unfortunately the wand which mounts to the fork is just something waiting to be ripped off while jamming in singletrack. Mine lasted about five rides. No matter how much you try not to when you load your bike into the rack you will inadvertantly move the wand rendering the computer useless. I've also found it harder to find replacement wiring harness on Cateyes than Vetta. Overall good for road, bad for the dirt.

Darren Yung   weekend warrior [Jun 04, 1996]

Ah, the relentless pursuit of speed! This little bike computer does the job for me. It's got a 12h clock, max, average, and current speed, stop watch, trip meter, and an odometer. Units can either be metric or imperial. It's a corded computer so you've gotta be careful when you're riding trails. Don't want a branch to snag your cable! But it's lite enuf for me and it does the job. I've ridden thru pretty hard rain and it kept on ticking! ;) Only sucky part for me is that I've had it jam for some unknown reason. It wouldn't pick up any signal from the sensor even though the cable was in perfect condition. I had to reset the computer to get it back. Lost all my settings! =( Oh well, the thing still works. Also the sensor mount for the fork is too small. The mounts I got were of the 'various size' kind. The biggest one wasn't large enuf to fit around my Judy's leg so I had to use a zip-tie instead. My friend got an adjustable mount with his Mity2. If you want to keep track of your time and other stats, this computer will do it for you.

Matthew Shuster   racer [Dec 29, 1996]

MITY 2An excellent piece of modern technology. I purchased the cyclocomputer two years ago after I accidentally ripped the wires on my Vetta C-15 (the repla-
cement kit would have been too expensive). The MITY 2 is a durable design, and slightly heavier then the C-15, however the Vetta was more or less a piece of junk, compared to the Japanese model. The MITY 2 is to me the perfect (wired) cyclocomputer. However, as technology adveances, and wirelsses are getting less expensive, I am greatly considering replacing the reliable unit with either the Vetta C-500 or the Cateye Wireless. Unfortunately, as things are more expensive north of the boarder, (38% more), money will probably be the deciding factor, and I will most likely go for the Vetta. Overall, the Cateye MITY 2 is a streamlined, aerodynamic setup. Everything fits in perfectly and smoothly. The computer mount is fitted with a front release , so you don't have to rip at it like with the C-15. All that I can say is that if you are planning on purhcasing a Vetta wired speedometer, if you don't want the C-500 wireless, you should purchase the MITY-2; besides, its apparently real cheap now that the wirelesses are popular. At Price-Point, it was around US$20.00 on a sale last time I checked their web site.

Sam   Cross Country Rider [Aug 21, 2000]
Strength:

Cheap, durable, easy to read.

Lose ODO mileage when reset or changing out battery.

Just put in my 2nd battery after 3.5 years of use and abuse. Great bang for the buck!