CatEye Enduro Computer

CatEye Enduro Computer

Cateye Enduro

[Apr 14, 2009]
osorio

Strength:

Reliable, solid and the most accurate computer I have ever used. Fair price. Looks good.

I was always skeptical about Cateye products but this one basically convinced me, so I wanted to spread the word. If you don't want to go wireless and just need a basic computer that is light and accurate, here it is.

Avocet, Sigma

[Jul 28, 2008]
stoopednames

Strength:

2 bike/wheel sizes, small, durable, very water resistant, all the functions you need.

Cable is a little fragile.

Great computer. After about two or three weeks of use I noticed it was acting erratic. Sometimes it would work other times there would be no communication with the sensor. Read a review on here about this and called Cateye. Just like the other reviewer said, Cateye mailed a new sensor+cable to me free. They made sure to tell me not to zip-tie the cable too tight and this wasn't a warrantied part so basically don't break any more of them. Either way I got my new stuff in 4 days and all is well. I probably damaged the cable when I moved it to the other side of my fork. Cateye is a great company.

N/A

[Jul 01, 2008]
pill

Strength:

Waterproof,durable,well-balanced,tuff.

Sometimes it spins over the handlebar when i press on the "start/stop" button

Cateye Enduro 8

This comp. never failed. I've used it under shower rains, dusty storms, muddy muds, etc. It works all the mone i've payed. Some guys take off their computers during the rain - i never did. Nice logics, it reacts fast when changing the measure mode. Nice, clear digits-always visible. It's a pity that it has no backlite. Though this was never a huge loss to me.
Great value for the money.

[Feb 04, 2006]
Nick

Strength:

Easy to use. Large screen makes it easy to read. 2 different trip meters are nice!

Plastic bracket that attaches the computer to the handle bars is flimsy. My bike fell while in the back of my truck and the plastic band where the screw sets tension broke. No problem though! Pulled out the dewalt drill and drilled a new hole. Works fine now (for now).

Good product with good features for a really good price. Only down side is the cheap band, other than that I would highly recommend it.

Specialized

[Apr 06, 2004]
M Crawford

Strength:

Extremely Durable
Two bike setup
Good display
Reasonably priced

Have yet to update time
Multi Bike capabilities increase complexity

Very Durable. When not being ridden, my bike(s) spend a lot of time in the bed of my truck via a 2x6 & Bovine clamp setup. I constantly forget to remove the unit; resulting in exposure to all seasons, 70+ mph wind, rain, 100+ TX heat. The unit has had NO problems other than some fading and one nasty grasshopper hit. No need for two units since unit switches between road and ATB bike (cables and brackets had to be purchased separately). However the unit can be a bit more complex to learn at first but not impossible. (Except for time)

Vetta HR 1000

[Mar 30, 2007]
Juan

Strength:

easy to set up! took 5 minutes, got both wheel sizes in, time. easy and straight forward

i hate zip ties - duct tape is much cleaner

easy - easy to read, plenty of info - heck it's supposed to keep time, track distance and speed, not to much. it does it well and does not break.

[May 16, 2007]
Chuck

Strength:

Durability.

Instructions.

Aside from the instructions, this product is flawless. It is 100% accurate and has survived some pretty bad accidents. Even if it does break it you can get it on ebay for $15. No frills!!!!

[Dec 01, 2007]
Josh

Strength:

Durable, easy to use, very adjustable, good visibility, many useful functions, easy to adjust and set-up

a pain to attach, flimsy mount for computer, slow response to change in speed

Its a great product and if I ever need to replace I'll probably only go one step higher for cadence

[Jul 23, 2006]
Tony

Strength:

I have the one with the thicker wiring. Bombproof, great battery life, large digits, set up and forget. survived multiple crashes, storms, and clocking me at 49mph on a mountain bike :)

It has a wire and is not backlit...? It also doesn't make me ride faster or cook my dinner, nor have rocket launchers, and doesn't come in fancy colors. so to sum it up, I don't see a weakness.

Get this computer and you'll not regret it. It does not have cadence nor heartrate nor backlight nor is it wireless. But what it does do, it does so with complete dominance. Don't be tempted by those fancy wireless computers with all the gadgets. This computer doesn't ever skip a beat. It's an old design but it works...so very well.

none, this is my first and probably will be my only for a long time.

[Sep 19, 2000]
Peter

Strength:

Easy to read, good information.

No auto stop feature. Not exactly waterproof.

A nice computer that served me well for a couple years. I had 2 problems with it though. Firstly it kept on turning itself off when I hit a bump. I'd look down to see how far I'd gone and the darn thing wouldn't be running. Very annoying. Secondly is that after a recent long cross country trek with a few water holes, it got wet and the buttons jammed. I can't get them unstuck and figure I've either got to take the whole thing apart to clean the buttons, or toss it and buy something more robust. I'll give it a 5, minus 1 each for sticky buttons and turning itself off.