CatEye Cordless Cyclocomputer Computer

Cordless Cyclocomputer

CatEye Cordless Cyclocomputer

Pete   Racer [Jan 28, 2010]
Strength:

Durable and easy to see

In cold weather it is intermittent at best. I checked the pick up spacing, it was nearly touching the magnet. New batteries failed to help

Other than thermal shortcomings, a good value for the money.

Similar Products Used: Other Cateyes
James   Weekend Warrior [Jul 14, 2003]
Strength:

Cordless, quick release, overall design

alignment of sensor.

Nice design, but, getting the sensor to align properly was a hassle. Haven't had a chance to use it in colder weather, yet. You can reset it too easily if you don't read the uinstructions, however, you can re-enter the odometer miles during the initial setup after an a/c. Overall, a strong product for the casual rider to the professional cyclist.

Similar Products Used: N/A
Duane   Weekend Warrior [Jun 30, 2003]
Strength:

Easy-to-read main display, simplicity, simple and clean installation

Small secondary display

Recently bought a new bike and of course while I was in the shop needed to get some goodies to go with it. I took about 5 minutes to set up and mount the Cordless 7 and it worked very well right from the start. Mounting is solid (combination of adhesive and nylon straps) and I did not have to make any adjustments to get reliable transmission (I mounted the display and sensor on the same side to ensure line-of-sight). No interference from a Cateye headlamp. My only concern with the installation is the spoke magnet, which seems too easy to move (and remove) although I haven't yet had any problems with it.

Similar Products Used: Replaced Avocet cycle computer
Tom   Cross Country Rider [Jun 22, 2003]
Strength:

Nice finish, easy to set up for wheel size

Doesn't work

Junk. Doesn't work above 15mph, just registers 0.
Took it back to the shop, still fitted, to see if I was being dumb and they agreed, it didn't work.

Swapped it for another one, exactly the same. Still didn't work.

Junk.

Similar Products Used: Sigma BC1200, Avocet 30
steg76   Weekend Warrior [Jun 15, 2003]
Strength:

Very very easy to set-up. I'm no wizz with things like this so if I can have it up and running in five minutes then anyone can.

None that I can think of. I do have a future concern about mounting the sensor on the fork. I think given time this could slip inturn ending up missing out sending the correct data to the computer.

(Cordless 7) Great product, good clear screen display, easy to use and install.

Only downside is the in my opinion £30($45) is abit on the steep side for something that is still essentially very basic technology.

Similar Products Used: None
Dave   Cross Country Rider [Jun 08, 2003]
Strength:

All the features: Odometer, trip distance, average speed, max speed, trip time, clock

N/A

It just has everything you need and cateye has definitely lived up to their reputation, they know what they do.

Similar Products Used: None
Carlos   Weekend Warrior [Jun 04, 2003]
Strength:

Looks, functionality, water resistant, crash resistant. NO CABLES makes the bike looks clean and cool. Never has a problem with reception.

Cordless 2 has no odometer setup for when you replace the batteries. This was fixed with the Cordless 7. The sensor moved into the spokes and I lost it. It needs to be very tight in order for it not to move. The magnet also moved a lot until I used pliers on it.

Great computer. Go to Ebay to get a better price on the Cordless 7. Tighten the sh** out of those straps.

Similar Products Used: Other corded computers
Logan   Racer [Sep 18, 2007]
Strength:

The CC-FR7CL is easy to install due to lack of wires. CC-FR7CL setup easy when making step-by-step confirmation with instructions. Odometer can be preprogrammed with previous/old computer reading. Appears to be water resistant.

Original factory batteries lasted about 6 months of continuous use. Batteries will last 12 months provided that computer is used 1 hour per day (This is mentioned in the insructions). At this rate the batteries would last me about 6 - 9 months.

The Bottom Line is that the CC-FR7CL appears to do what it was designed to do. I have followed the instructions as written and never had a problem.

Similar Products Used: Cateye Tomo CC-ST200 (this unit is NOT wireless)
John   Cross Country Rider [Mar 31, 2006]
Strength:

When the battery is not dead it works well.

This unit seems to eat batteries - 4 in a year.

Nice unit, I liked it for the clean look of cordless, but it does not seem to hold a battery for more than 2-3 months. Too annoying considering in the same time frame, my specialized road bike needed 1 new battery and the Cateye needed 4. Cateye makes good stuff, just not the 2004 cordless 7.

Similar Products Used: Cateye Enduro 8, Specialized, Sigma
Vince   Cross Country Rider [Jan 23, 2002]
Strength:

No Wires

Transmitter mount doesn't hold tightly enough to prevent slight movement... Very important with this computer. Not that serious, though.

After the tricky initial setup (getting the transmitter and computer good line of sight), it's worked flawlessly. The plastic mounting system on the transmitter could use improvement because it takes VERY little movement to throw it off, interrupting the signal. I just killed mine in a bad crash (broke my left scapula - woohoo!). Also killed my hrm and my watch. It tore the shifter indicators off both xtr units!! Must have been fun to watch, though! I'll be replacing it as soon as possible. Buy this if you hate wires and don't need cadence beeps.