Yakima Sprocket Rocket Bike Rack

The Yakima Sprocket Rocket bike mount is a sleek and super strong and wide wheelTrayThat supports all bike sizes (exceptTandems and recumbents). Fits most disc brakes EasyTo adjust sliding wheelTray makes positioning rear wheel a breeze and enables itTo carry a large variety of wheel shapes and sizes Double-sided wheel strap for use on either side of your car Quick no-tool installation

Bryan Bowers   Racer [Aug 16, 2012]
Strength:

Looks good.
Solid mount.

Locking clamps work themselves loose and fall off. Need to either ratchet them down hard when not carrying bikes or better still, take them off completely to avoid loosing them. I now have 2 naked skewers for not doing so:(

Yakima support does not include Canada.

Similar Products Used: Boa's
John Key   Weekend Warrior [Jan 18, 2007]
Strength:

light, quick and easy set-up. Looks great, no end caps to worry about.

None as of yet.

It's worth it. Look around online to find it cheaper. Free shipping is out there if you look hard.

Similar Products Used: Yakima this Yakima that (SPR. RCK is best so far.)
David   Cross Country Rider [May 25, 2007]
Strength:

Bought this for my '05 Mustang GT. I paid a bit more for two bike setup and the front air deflector, but the whole setup worth every penny. The rack looks awesome and well built. Back tire tie-down strap comes fully off so you can easily place bike on top and then pop strap back down without it getting in way. Front forks fit in nicely and clamp is quick and solid keeping bike firmly attached to car.

None that I can think of.

Bottom line is this bike rack looks good, is super easy to use, and kept me from having to trade in my Stang for something that would be sorely disappointing by comparison.

Similar Products Used: n/a
Michael Shi   Racer [Mar 24, 2007]
Strength:

Great appearance, and easy to work with.

its weight is twice as much as Viper.

I'd stay with Viper if all your bikes have about the same frame size. If you don't mind the extra weight, go for it.

Similar Products Used: Viper
ET ET   Weekend Warrior [Nov 14, 2007]
Strength:

Stout construction
Nice exterior finish
Mounts easily onto rack
Very Secure

Um.... a little heavy
Need finger strength to close mech tighly
No deep channel for rear wheel
Why no silver color?

The carrier is beautiful to look at. Excellent finish and mounts very easily onto the rack. Once clamped on, I don't think it'll ever come off by itself. The whole head clamps onto the bar, unlike Thule which uses an adaptor. I couldn't stand the flimsy sheet metal tray from both Thule and Yak, but this one is a little over constructed. Looks like a cannon on top of my car, and overkill for my skinny Moots SS.
Now to the my minor gripes. You'll need some finger stregth to close the fork mount mech if you want it super tight. The color doesn't really match with the brushed aluminum of my car. Would be great if it came in silver. The rear wheel sits pretty high on the tray. Makes my bike look like it's doing a handstand (image of a poodle doing a handstand comes to mind).
Besides the above, I'm totally happy that I spent a little more for this beast. Compared to what they are charging for sheet metal trays, this one is worth the extra$.