Yakima King Cobra Bike Rack

• Ergonomic design loads fast and provides hands-free bike support during adjustment
  • Grasps 20” to 29” wheels firmly in its jaws, enabling it to handle a wide range of bikes
  • No problem handling disc brakes, thru axles, or funky suspension designs
  • Keeps your paint job looking pretty because it grabs onto your wheel and doesn’t touch the painted surfaces of your bike
  • SKS-compatible security cable makes thieves want to reconsider their rather poor career choice. Just add SKS Lock Cores (SOLD SEPARATELY)
  • Factory rack compatible with MightyMounts (SOLD SEPARATELY)

• User Reviews (4)

tootubby   Weekend Warrior [Apr 22, 2010]
    Strength:

really easy to load bikes on, fits all my bikes no problem, from my road bike to my dh.

No weaknesses except the fact that they got stolen off my cross bars. I had the extra lock and the cable locked around the bar. I think the thief cut the plastic clamps. (maybe if they would have been metal?) either way they're pricey to replace.

Fantastic rack as long as you don't live in a place where they might get ripped off.

Similar Products Used: Thule side arm
    papkec   Cross Country Rider [Feb 10, 2010]
    Strength:

Easy to adjust wheel size; easy to get bike loaded; durable

Red button is useless but I still like the rack without using it

This is a really nice rack;
    -- very easy to get the bike mounted
    -- very durable. I use mine at least twice per week and the bike stays in it for about 10 hours with lots of driving.
    -- Switching between wheel sizes is real easy; I have a 29r and 26r switching takes about 10 seconds

Similar Products Used: Other Yakima roof mounts, Saris bones, Saris t-rax, Bell cheapy, rhode gear trunk mount
    62kona   Downhiller [Oct 16, 2008]
    Strength:

Easy to use. Holds bike pretty sturdy. Well made. Fits many size tires. Does not touch anywhere but tire.

Not much security. Bike does wobble when installed on factory crossbars.

Good rack. I don't find it very hard to install my bike on the roof of my SUV. It takes a little balancing to get it up there, but not too bad. It securely holds my 43lb freeride bike with no problems. The factory crossbars do alow it to sway a little, but that would be fixed with the yakima crossbars wich are much more sturdy.

Similar Products Used: Trunk and back seat.
    steve dedrick   Weekend Warrior [Apr 11, 2008]
    Strength:

Does a good job holding bike,does not touch anything but the tires.Has three bolts that hold it to the cross bars.

There is no security,it just bolts to crossbars,no way of locking it down, so anyone walking bye can snag it.Bulky,even when folded down.Would be hard on top of tall suv or even a car if you are short.

I think this rack is ok,I bought it because of my Prophet having a lefty,and because I did not want the rack to clamp to my frame.I think it would be a hard to use if it were on an suv,it is hard enough to use on top of my wifes Honda Accord and I'm 5'10".
    There is a real security issue with this rack,no way to secure it with a lock to the cross bars,it locks in place with the bike on it,but once the bike is removed the rack is no longer locked on.
    On the plus side the rack does seem to do a great job of hold the bike in its place,it seems to be very sturdy and does not make contack with any part but the wheels.