Yakima Highlite 3 Bike Rack

Strap the Yakima Highlite Bike Rack to your hitch when you and your bikes are going on a grand adventure. This aluminum rack holds up to three bikes and its lightweight construction makes the rack easy to move around.

Kristin Sowak   [Sep 23, 2012]
Strength:

It looks good. It is light. Folds down and swings out of the way so hatch opens easily.

My bike doesn't fit on the rack. My women's specific slanted down tube makes it not fit. I bought a "dummy bar" so that I can use it (another $45). Problem is that I have to raise my seat every time so that I can mount it and I find this irritating as I'm always adjusting my seat. "MAJOR" weakness - I was driving a major highway and glanced back to see my bike swinging - good thing I love to look at my bike all the time. When I got out to look, the mounts had slid so they were at an angle (only had 1 bike mounted at the time). The bike had popped off the mounts one of the straps had come loose - hence the swinging - and the others were precariously holding my $4000 bike with overstretched rubber.

I'm so disappointed as I do frequent trips and this rack wasn't that cheap. I will be taking a loss and buying a new rack to protect my investment.

OVERALL