WheelWally Truck Mounted Bike Rack

WheelWally Truck Mounted Bike Rack

The WheelWally is a completely new type of truck mounted bike rack. Compact, easy to install, very secure. It's really quite simple! The ingenious bicycle wheel attachment system fits both mountain bikes and road bikes, accepting standard 26", 650B, 29" and 700C wheels and tires of any width.

[May 17, 2018]
karwinski

Strength:

Purchased two of the Wheel Wally's for a Toyota Tacoma and this was the easiest installation to do it took no more than a half hour. We are extremely happy with them and would highly recommend them. We were also very impressed with the customer service followup that offered us to call if we needed help installing and the detailed instructions that came with the product. Great job.

cap for end of screw that is close to the tires would be good

Price Paid:
99.00 each
Model Year:
2017
[Mar 04, 2018]
2keys1

Strength:

Awesome product. Love the ease of installation and use.

Model Year:
2001
[Mar 01, 2018]
Tom273

Strength:

Terrific company to deal with, sorted every issue and explained things in detail anyone could understand. Product is neat, good presentation on truck. Bikes mount and dismount in seconds.

Although the brackets can be quickly attatched and removed, the bolts and hardware are rather permanate so be sure before you fit them

[May 18, 2016]
LittleBuddy

Strength:

very small-lightweight easy to store but also strong(approx. 5 lbs. each), relatively easy assembly and install, can be a permanently installed or removable, can fit nearly any wheelsize, no need to remove wheels, less expensive than many other bike racks, current black color is stealthy and good looking, easily lockable with cable and lock

I installed the wheelwally today in my Tacoma using the factory bedrails. It is a very well built product with precision machining making the fit/finish top notch. It's a great solution to utilize your truck bed to carry bikes. I personally found the bikes to feel more secure with the back wheel attached to the wheelwally and I secured my front wheels to my factory bed cleats.
Pros: very small-lightweight easy to store but also strong(approx. 5 lbs. each), relatively easy assembly and install, can be a permanently installed or removable to use only when carrying bikes, can fit nearly any wheelsize, no need to remove wheels, less expensive than many other bike racks
Cons: some people depending on their particular truck may not want to drill to install, some people may not like using Velcro straps to secure bikes although I found them to very secure and more than adequate

tailgate pads, hitch racks

[May 09, 2016]
BILL WOODS

Strength:

THEY HOLD THE BIKES, WITH OUT ANY MOVEMENTS THEY ARE VERY STRONG, AND I HAVE NOT USED THE REAR WHEEL MOUNT IT WOULD HELP IF YOU GOT IN A ACCIDENT, I LIVE IN RUAL NORTHEAST LOWER MICHIGAN, VERY LITTLE TRAFFIC UP HERE. THE MOUNTS ARE VERY EASY TO INSTALL IN THE BACK OF YOUR TRUCK. THE RACK IS VERY EASY TO REMOVE IF NEEDED, I LEAVE MINE IN ALL SUMMER, YOU JUST HAVE TWO WING NUTS TO REMOVE THEM. I HAVE BEEN USING THEM FOR THREE YEARS, AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM, THE BIKES HAVE NEVER CAME LOOSE, I TRAVEL ABOUT 15 MILES EACH WAY FROM MY HOUSE TO WHERE I RIDE. I HAVE ALSO USED THEM ON A 200 MILE TRIP WITH NO PROBLEMS. YOU CAN SECURE YOUR BIKE WITH A LOCKING CABLE VERY EASY.
YOU CAN HOOK UP YOUR BIKE VERY SECURLY WITH JUST THE 3 VALCRO TIES, VERY EASY AND QUICK, WHICH HAVE NEVER HAVE NEVER CAME LOOSE I RIDE AND USE THEM TWICE A WEEK ALL SUMMER LONG APROXIMATTLEY 9 MONTHS OF THE YEAR. I HAVE TWO OF THEM IN MY TRUCK, AND MY RIDEING BUDDY HAS ONE IN HIS TRUCK, FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS. I HAVE USED ON 26", 29" AND 24" WHEELES WITH NO PROBLEMS. THE WHEEL WALY'S STILL LET YOU USE ALL FOR YOUR TRUCK BED WITH NO PROBLEMS. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO EVERYONE WHO NEEDS A QUICK AND EASY WAY TO TRANSPORT ANY TWO WHEEL BIKES IN THE BACK OF YOUR TRUCK. WALLY IS VERY HELPFUL IF YOU NEED ANY HELP OR ANYTHING FOR YOUR MOUNTS. HIS SHIPPING IS VERY QUICK. YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY WITH THESE MOUNTS.

I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THESE MOUNTS.

EXCELLENT MOUNTS, WHAT MORE CAN I SAY.

NONE

[Jul 30, 2012]
opnorty

Strength:

Simple to use
Sturdy

minor - suggested drilling through truck bed to mount. see below for options

I was looking through the forum to find a way to haul my 29er back and forth to some trails in my area, and to/from camping trips. I came across this one, and it seemed very promising. It arrived and I installed it right away. I wasn't crazy about drilling through my truck bed, so I clamped it to the front of the bed with some c-clamps I had laying around. It is very well machined and the parts fit together tightly. This holds it in place and is very solid, even with out being fastened to the truck bed through the bottom of the wheelwally. I grabbed onto it and tried moving it around, but it didn't budge.

I've used it for a few trips now, and it is holding up very well. The wheelwally itself seems to be made from a HD plastic. It should not be a problem leaving it in the truck box when not in use since it will not rust or rot. It is the quickest rack I've used. You just lift the bike in the truck and strap the front wheel to the wheelwally with 3 velcro strips. It takes about 30 seconds once it is set up for your bike.

I've also used it with my wife's hybrid (700c wheels), and it works equally well. It takes about 3 minutes to adjust the straps to fit different size wheels.

Overall, I am very happy with the wheelwally. I would recommend it to a friend.

opnorty