Thule Speedway Bike Rack

Thule Speedway Bike Rack

Thule Speedway 2 Bike (961XT). Our Speedway 961XT is simple to install and designed to fit most vehicles. Replaces Speedway 961.

[Jun 15, 2008]
Razorfish

Strength:

Cheapest way to get 2 or 3 bikes on your car/suv. Solid. Lots of options with the rubber straps. Arms fold down or can be removed. I usually only put two bikes but it holds all the 3 very easy. Goes on and off quick and easy. Very adjustable.

The two carrier arms are spaced too wide. It probably work's better on old school frames but on modern compressed frames the two arms are not close enough. None of my bikes fit with both arms under the top tub. Either one arm had to go under the seat stays or under the front of the bottom tube. Small issue once I figured it out and still held the bikes well.

I couldn't afford adding the trailer mount to my car and then buying a rack. That would have been close to $1,000. This has worked out well and nothing extra was needed. I have no regrets and would buy this again.