Saris Cycle-On Pro Bike Rack

Saris Cycle-On Pro Bike Rack

The Cycle-On Pro offers all of the same great features as the Cycle-On model, with a hassle-free hitch and locking system that eliminates wobble. Folds up when not in use Allows both wheels to be left on bike, 60-pound weight limit per bike, 35-pound per bike for add-ons Features easier to use, hassle-free hitch; eliminates wobble in receiver Bikes lock to rack and rack locks to vehicle Item Specifications Ship Weight 65lbs Hitch Type 1-1/4" Receiver Number of Bikes 2

[Aug 01, 2014]
AYYGGSS
Downhiller

Strength:

no touch clamping mechanism . customer service is amazing .

weight fr some 1 1/4 hitches

ive owned this rack for a few years now and although it is not perfect, it works extremely well. the arm clamps down on just the tire and leaves no marks on my bikes. i have put everything on it from road to CX to downhill bikes with no problems . the saris anti wobble works as intended . but the absolute best part of this rack is the customer support . with out any question or challenge they have sent me numerous parts that have worn out due to rust or basic elements and ZERO CHARGE!!. not even shipping . they stand behind their product !00% nomatter what / i will always own a saris rack

thule t2, thule roof rack

[Jul 15, 2014]
Doug Stoecker
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Overbuilt, all critical components are steel, secure fastening, never a slipped ratchet after 3 years of use, easy to load/unload bike, integrated anti-wobble works well, flip up/flip down system is easy and strong,

Will NOT carry two bikes side by side that have wider suspension forks (like two Talas 36, or Fox 40, etc)....the chainstay of one will hit the fork lower of the other preventing it from sitting straight up in the tray. This is a major flaw. Furthermore, you cannot just flip the outer tray and wheel holder to the outboard side of the rail to make more space between bikes by unbolting the components as it appears you can. The mounting plate for the ratchet arm pivot is welded to the rail. I had to cut through the welds, flip the hardware around and re-weld it to the other side of the rail...now I can mount two DH bikes next to each other without touching. However, if you do this, you won't be able to use the two bike extension without further modifications. Other weaknesses: should have just made the front wheel trays and couple other plastic pieces metal also, since it already weighs a ton, should either fold down for rear vehicle entry or swing away considering how much it weighs.

Reasonably priced, basic rack if you need a very strong (heavy) unit and don't have wide bikes....but I gave a poor review because most of us looking for a tough heavy rack have bigger heavier bikes and are transporting them off road...so kind of a mismatch.

Many Yakimas and Thules over the years (hitch, roof, and truck bed)

[Oct 21, 2011]
wisemi

Strength:

Very capable and durable. Easy to load two full suspension Niner bikes for short or long travel. Really takes worry away!

I have some fading/delamination on the aluminum arms but Saris is more than willing to take care of me. Amazing service so no other problems or weaknesses.

I had a Xport hitch rack and while carrying my brand new Niner, the wheel tray collapsed and I drug my front wheel for 1/4 mile, bent my rim beyond repair and took some knobs off my brand new Maxxis Ardent tire! After much research I landed on this rack. It is amazing. I have taken it from TN to FL, NC, OH and the bike never moves. It's dummy proof! I would not trust my 4600 bike on any other rack. I normally carry another high end Niner so it's worth the extra $$$ to buy the last rack you'll have to own. Lifetime warranty and in my opinion excellent customer support from Saris. I would Highly Recommend this rack to anyone with a high end road or mountain bike. Protects the finish by grabbing the tire snug. Can't say enough good about this purchase.

Xport, THULE.

[Oct 07, 2011]
11GFHIFI

Strength:

sturdy,long neck to the hitch. Secure.

Heavy, but your bike is flying around

This rack has been one of the best I have used so far. When your bike is mounted, you can be confident it will not be falling into the highway(Xport). Easy to use and from what I understand is primarily made in the USA. Great customer service and lifetime warranty.

Xport, Performance hitch, Saris Thelma

[Apr 12, 2011]
pocgnikcuf

Strength:

very quick, locks to hitch, holds kids bikes

plastic seems cheap but i it is still going...

I had one ratchet fail, called Saris and they sent me a new one, free, no questions asked. Now thats a lifetime warranty. Good job Saris

thule

[Jul 28, 2010]
John
Downhiller

Will not, I repeat will not hold fat tire bikes securely. The goofy plastic sockets for the wheels flex to much and the tire will work its way out. Bungy cords fixed it but shouldn't have been necessary.

If you ride a fat tire make sure that you tie the front tire down with bungy cords or webbing. Otherwise prepare to lose your bike.

[Jun 14, 2010]
scrummasterfrank

Strength:

Design is nice, and very convenient. But this is really no longer an advantage as other competitors (Thule, Yakima, Softride) have similar designs. But I can load my bike in about 2 minutes.

NOT WEATHER PROOF. I leave my rack on the car, and it has essentially completely rusted out. Cheap plastic knobbies and other parts detract from the quality of the unit

Expensive. For this kind of money it should be much better weather proofed with stainless parts, etc.

[May 01, 2009]
Ric

Strength:

Heavy Duty Construction. Good finish. Seems more durable than other Racks. Has Locks for the hitch reciever and cable for the bikes. Very easy to load and unload. Not as heavy as other platform carriers. Is everything you need ease of use strength and secure. Oh yea, no tools needed to take out the wobble.

Nothing except maybe- it would be nice to have a reflector on the end of the main tube.

This thing blows away the competition. It costs a little more but is worth every bit of it.

Hollywood Sports Rider SE 3

[Apr 15, 2009]
Daisydog

Strength:

Easy to load/unload, solidly holds bikes (great for full suspension) and is very stable on the vehicle & Saris provides great customer support with a lifetime warranty.

A bit heavy to load, but worth it as the rack so solid

Solid product and great support by Saris. My rack needed some parts due to wear and Saris shipped them out no questions asked for free.

Thule

[Jan 04, 2009]
Oliver

Strength:

Poor design, will not hold 29ers, as claimed.

The rack moves so much, my handle bars hit the back window of my car, and the upright that holds the front wheel comes lose on the freeway.

Sportworks T2