Rocky Mounts Noose SL Bike Rack

Rocky Mounts Noose SL Bike Rack

• Fits 98% of factory bars right out of the box*
  • Includes all mounting hardware, no extra SKU’s and complicated fits
  • Rock solid fork mount with new cast metal head
  • Lockable quick release (lock cores sold separately)
  • All stainless steel hardware
  • Works with most disc brakes, if not, see Disc Brake Adapter
  • Simple Assembly & Installation
  • Available in Black, Silver, Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Gold & Orange
  • Fits a skinny road tire and up to a 2.3" mountain tire
  • (SLX version is same price but with longer, wider tray for FR/DH rigs)

• USER REVIEWS

[Apr 23, 2011]
    Elwood64

Strength:

Easily mounted, simple, keeps idiots away from my bike, great customer service

Attaches easily to existing luggage rack. On top of the car keeps idiots away from my bike. Be smart enough to be careful at drive thru's. Customer service was great. Wore out the threads and rocky mounts replaced it free.

Hitch mounts, tire mounts

[Jul 03, 2009]
    davez26

Strength:

Super easy to install. Super Easy to Use! A very minimal bike rack, that does the job. Direct mount to factory cross bars, no need to 'adapt' to install some other bike rack. Fork mount can be locked with optional lock cores. Bike is very solidly attached.

No way to lock the rack to the crossbars, held on with funky bolts. Then again, so are the crossbars, so I guess this doesn't really count. If you see someone disasembling my rack with my bike on it, please punch them!

I like it. Easy to install, not a jungle gym of adaptors and bars hanging out from the side of the car like the other racks I see. The rack just kind of blends in, due to the low profile. Affordable. Available in a bunch of colors if you are into that kind of thing.
    Note: Some people don't like the Rocky mounts on the Outbacks, because they say 'the bikes lean to much'. Sure the bike has a slight outward lean, like maybe 5*. If you look for it you can see the lean, but it's not an issue unless you want it to be.

Factory rack, some trunk racks, and I had a home made one in my SUV

[May 26, 2009]
    nedtropy

Strength:

Easily attached to most factory crossbars. No need to buy a separate after market rack.

***Buyers Beware!!! Faulty quick release mechanisms. My quick release failed and my bike fell from my car and put a dent in the roof. Rocky Mounts was unwilling to help me out other than telling me to apply lube to the mechanism. Apparently they know this happens but they don't want to overwhelm us by putting this simple care tip in the care and instructions manual. Hmmmm....wish I'd known that.

If I were to do it again I would invest a little more money in a rack that will keep your bike on your car. Fortunately I was in a parking lot coming to a stop when it happened and not going 60 mph down a highway with people behind me.
    I had Yakima racks for many years with never a problem.

[May 28, 2008]
    Thad

Strength:

Ease of use, customer service, looks.

I messed up the one bolt installing it, and they immediatley sent me a new one. It was my fault, so none.

The racks are great. I am using them on a subaru wagon. Bolted right on, cheaper then the competitors, with no additional adapters. The customer service is awesome.

Thule

[Sep 23, 2005]
    Rob

Strength:

good price, simple design, solid components.

rusting a bit around the fork clamp skewer and I had to grind the mounting bolts down about 1/2". If your stock rack is a lowrider the provided bolts may hit your roof. They must be replaced or ground down. I found the opposing bolts mounting method to be a little cumbersome especially if you're planning to take it on and off frequently. I like to throw it on a friend's car now and then and this rack is a PIA to quickly mount/unmount.

Does what it does. No frills but good quality. I've looked at comparable products from Thule and Yakima, perhaps they pay a little more attention to fit and finish but there's absolutely no reason not to buy the Rocky Mounts product. If you want to use your stock rack consider this a high quality, inexpensive option.

[Jan 22, 2007]
    Geoff

Strength:

Everything that Thule offers but 1/2 the price.

Nothing.

Where do I begin? For years I would have to "upgrade" my Thule rack to fit my car. If I bought a new car 9 out of 10 times I'd have to buy a new rack or attachment. A lot of times my Thule bike attachment would rust or something wouldnt come off and I'd end having to goto my LBS and get another one. Then I started reading about RockyMounts. Problem solved. The rack fits my cars factory installed crossbars perfectly. Never had a problem with either one of the two racks I bought. I've also used them on my wife's car now and then. Worked well. Unless you need a Thule or Yakima crossbars to attach a boat mount or anything else, this is the rack for you. Half the price and to make it even better you can pick the color you want. Also made out in Colorado which is nice to know its all made in the USA. I find it absolutely hilarious that most bike shops in my area do NOT carry Rocky Mounts either. They all want you to buy into Thule or Yakima which is a freakin' rip off. No thanks. Go through Jenson or any other online mail order, I saved sales tax and the shipping was free.

Thule

[Mar 30, 2007]
    John

Strength:

Ease of use. AFFORDABLE. BEATS ANYTHING THULE OR YAKIMA CAN PUT OUT. DID I SAY AFFORDABLE??

ZIP

Best rack on the planet. If you already have factory crossbars on your car this is all you need. Affordable, multiple colors, does the job perfectly. Had my racks for over 2 years now. Kept them on the car through brutal winters as well. Never a problem. No need for Thule or Yakima. This is what you get. Made in Colorado which is even better. Support the good ol' USA. Perfect product.

Thule. Yakima.

[Sep 23, 2005]
    Rob

Strength:

good price, simple design, solid components.

[Jul 20, 2006]
    Aaron Evans

Strength:

Much cheaper than its comparable yakima and thule counterpart. Easy to install. Comes in a lot of different colors.

Like other have said, the bike rack locks to the bike, but the rack doesnt have anything other than the "special" star shaped tool to keep it attached to your roof rack. Will require a different set of locks and keys than ur roof rack.

I have the SLX rack and not this one because it has a little wider and longer tray for mountain bikes, but is the same product. This is an excellent rack for the price and it does what it is supposed to do. I've flown down the highway at 80mph and everything stays secured. For the amount you save, it is worth having a different set of keys. And you cant beat all the different colors available. If your concerned about the bike rack not securing to the roof rack, pay 10-30 and get a kryptonite cable and lock it (this will make it appear more secure anyway) which is what i have done when it sits outside anywhere.

Cheap walmart quality trunk rack

[Jun 20, 2005]
    Steven

Strength:

Fit the factory rack on my Jeep Cherokee right out of the box without having to buy extra attachments. Easy on the wallet. Easy to install (about 10 minutes) Even though I went with basic black, having a choice of colors to choose from was a cool option.

Company has something of a low profile and I ran across them by accident.

After spending a few months looking for a quality rack that would work with my factory rack I ran across The Noose. The cost was less than 1/2 of what a similar Yakima or Thule system would cost me. And it was 1 piece as opposed to the many attachements I would have to buy otherwise. If you have a factory rack this is the ONLY way to go.

Yakima