Kuat Sherpa 2 Bike Rack

Kuat Sherpa 2 Bike Rack

So you spent more on your dream bike than you did on your first car. We agree, it was well worth every dime and it deserves the best when it comes to transportation.

[Nov 27, 2014]
tylerw

Strength:

Sturdy
Light
Durable
Good Materials
Great Quality
Easy to use

n/a

I purchased this bike rack to basically own the best on the market and that would meet my needs. I have owned several different kinds of bike racks and felt the need to have something better with each of them. After buying this rack I have no reason to buy different one. Solid build with good materials. Very easy to load and unload bikes. Easy to take on and off car. I would recommend this rack for anyone looking for a high quality top of the line hitch bike rack.

saris hanging style hitch rack
swagman xtc2

[Apr 02, 2013]
brant strickland

Strength:

easy to use
light, aluminum construction
looks good
made in the usa
metal parts
simple easy to replace plastic parts
Superior design ( my opinion)
easy to put on easy to take off
Not too heavy or awkward, mostly aluminum
Hold bikes securely if you use it correctly( say the same about most racks)
Folds out of the way
is lockable
Has durable components.
easy slide lock on wheels.
The most under rated rack i have seen on the site.
Looks great on my TDI sportwagon

Haven't found any yet-

Fantastic Rack
I'm a mechanical designer myself, when I saw the kuat racks I was sold.
I was sick of the poor design of both Yakima and thule hitch mount racks.
They mess up you frame or have to many cheap injection molded part that are hard to get.
Very durable design, mostly metal parts. Simply put; intelligent design.
They have not disappointing me , Had to Review to let the rest of you know there is a better way.

yakima, thule

[Jan 01, 2013]
dan b

Strength:

well made - solid - seem to use good materials - good customer service...

unless you position the adjustable arm at the very top next to the fork, the adjustable arm has the tendency to drop off the front wheel. they tell me it's user error, but i nearly lost the bike several times....
i have to remind myself to be VERY careful...

i'm not sure i would buy this product again - i think they need to rework their designs and engineering - this should be foolproof and it isn't - it takes carful positioning to get the arm situated correctly..

thule parkway 4

[Mar 02, 2012]
aus10m

Strength:

Looks nice, lightweight, easy to use, comes with a 2" receiver hitch adapter (so it can be used with either 1-1/4" or 2" receivers), cable lock that locks to the 3/8" locking pin are both included, fits in my trunk with room to spare.

Assembly instructions were not in the box, so it took a little while longer to assemble (kind of like figuring out a puzzle). The hole for the receiver hitch locking pin is off-center (low by about 1/4"), not allowing a standard 1/2" receiver lock to be used in your receiver hitch.

The bike rack is lightweight and holds the bikes securely in place but...

They over engineered their lock/hitch design because they wanted the rack to include a 2" hitch adapter. They made the alignment hole for the receiver hitch off centered not allowing a standard 1/2" locking pin to be used.

You are limited to using the 3/8" lock that comes in the box (which has about 1/8" of play/movement and feels cheap). I called Kuat about this issue and it is part of their design. They have no plans in making the hole centered or recalling the off centered part and replacing them with a centered hole allowing standard 1/2" locks to be used. I am kind of disappointed that it doesn't align and has about 1/8" of play. The lock that is included doesn't fit snug (it is actually very loose) so that is a disappointment.

[Dec 03, 2011]
JC

Strength:

Less moving parts to adjust, light weight aluminum construction

Newer version removed the hole which can adapt trail doc repair stand

Solid built, could trust it for a very long time.