Kuat NV 2 Bike Rack

Kuat NV 2 Bike Rack

Kuat NV 2 Bike Hitch Carrier. The NV comes fully equipped with front and rear tire ratchet system, hitch lock and integrated bike cable lock. "Holy smokes, a built in repair stand for pre-ride prep, post-ride, clean up, or looking smart." Decked out with

[Sep 12, 2018]
BassistBiker

Strength:

This is the best rack I've owned, hands down.

-Fat bike capable
-E bike capable
-Tilting access to hatch/trunk
-Zero frame contact
-Built in repair stand (didn't think I use this..but I do!)
-Integrated security (for both the bike & rack).
-Rugged build quality
-Stunning good looks (even the NV 2.0 Base is beautiful)

I was "on the fence" about this rack, it looked sweet, but the price was a big pill to swallow...I'm glad I took the plunge, this rack looks & functions better than any rack I've owned, and looked at.

Carbon MTB? Check!
Full Suspension MTB? Check!
E-bike? Check!
Fat Bike? Check!
Road bike? Check!
Kids bike? Check! (If you buy the $10 adapter).

Weaknesses?

Not many....nitpicking here

-Price of $649 maybe too much for many (They can be found on sale around holidays, that's how/why I bought mine)

-USA Company...but...the rack isn't made here, to some that may not be a big deal, but to others it could be.

-Only includes 1 fat tire kit, when you can obviously carry 2 fat bikes, KUAT has fixed this though...if you register your product online, they give you $20 credit toward accessories/swag, the fat bike kit is $10 (get 2, so you have a spare if/when you need it), they also give you free shipping on that order...my total cost for 2 kits shipped? $0 :-)

Price Paid:
$551 (Sale)
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2018
[Jul 11, 2012]
bikenboard69

Strength:

Rack is very well engineered and holds the bikes securely.
Comes with integrated locks to both lock the rack to the vehicle and the bikes to the rack.
Customer service is second to none. Had an issue with my rack and they went above and beyond my expectations to make sure the issue was rectified and I was happy.
Rack is easily dropped down to open hatch when bikes are on and folds easily up when not in use.
Lots of ground clearance.
loading bikes is a breeze.
No interference issues with other bikes on rack.
Handy repair stand on rack for doing those last minute tuneups prior to a race or hitting the trail.

Wish dust caps for locks were secured to the lock. I'm sure to lose them one day.
Wish there was a protective piece at end of rack for 4 bike rack so when it is dropped down to open hatch it wouldn't be damaged from resting on ground.

This bike rack in my opinion is the cadillac of racks and when it comes to transporting my expensive bikes I am happy they are riding safe and secure on one of these.

Saris, Thule

[Dec 09, 2011]
Jon Wallace

Strength:

This is a superbly engineered can constructed hitch rack. Took me 20 minutes to unpack and have bikes on the rack. The rack is super solid. Comes with hitch lock and security cables that lock together. The repair stand is great for quick trail head work.

The only thing I would change is to find a substitute for the rubber caps the cover the hitch and security locks.

This rack is worth every penny I paid for it!

Yakima and Thule racks.