Inno Fork Lock INA381 Bike Rack

Fork Lock INA381

• Fits to square, round and most factory crossbars
  • Compatible with disc brakes
  • Light & strong anodized aluminium tray

geraffi   Cross Country Rider [Aug 06, 2008]
Strength:

Durable
Easy to install
Universal-Mounts to any crossbars
No need for adapters or extra expenses
Fork mount
Lock with 2 keys

Nothing really but see below

I purchased two Inno racks from Chainlove.com for $65 each. Great deal! The rack is sturdy and fits well on the factory crossbars on my Subaru. A few things to note:

You might not be able to get into your hatchback once you have these racks installed. On my Subaru Impreza, the rack hangs well over the hatch. So not the best fit for smaller hatches, but this could be a problem with any rack/system, I don't know. SUV's, Wagons, and vans should be ok.

Also, my factory installed crossbars have a bit of a bow to them to allow for weight compression. This causes a slight tilt to the bike rack, ultimately leading to a slight tilt to my bike. If I move the rack closer to the center of the crossvbars, there is less tilt, but then the rack is more difficult to reach.

Lastly, when mounted, the front of the rack is higher than the back, so there's a bit of a slope (going front to back). It appears by the pictures that the Inno Fork Lock II has remediated this porblem.

I'm not overly concerned with any of these issues, especially because the price was right, but wanted to let other prospective buyers know since I am the first reviewer of this product.

If not for these issues, I would give this system five flamin'chilis.