Advantage Sports Rack GlideAway 4-bike system Bike Rack

Advantage Sports Rack GlideAway 4-bike system Bike Rack

This unique and easy to use rack system installs in the 2 X 2 receiver hitch of any sport utility, light truck, or RV on the road. It allows easy access to the rear cargo or passenger doors of the vehicle.

[Mar 29, 2011]
Jeep Mom

Strength:

Very easy to install.
Less than 1/3 the price of comparable products

I can see the rubber straps not lasting long, but I prefer bungees anyway.

It fits my 2011 Jeep Wranlger WITH the spare tire on still!! I can open my 'side open' gate with ease also :)

Swagman hitch, Grabber trunk mount.

[Sep 18, 2008]
next2last

Strength:

Heavy duty, Adjustable holders, slides away easily from the SUV to allow rear access without removing the bikes!

Rubber straps tend to break over time.

Great rack, easy to install, very stable. Highly recommended if you are treking across country with 4 bikes, or if you are heading to your nearest trail. The rubber straps have broken over time, but one call to customer service and they will send you new ones free. The plastic holders have held up very well and keep the bikes very stable. The weight may be too much for some.

Saris Bones 3 bike rack for the car.

[Aug 31, 2003]
Four bike owner

Strength:

Bought under the "Hitchmate GlideAway" name. By unscrewing a large butterfly nut AND pulling a pin, a pair of scissor arms allows the rack to pull away from the vehicle.

The rubber straps that hold the bikes are not very heavy duty. One of them broke the first time I used the rack. Also, it was very difficult to fit my wife's Trek with a ladies frame, and my kid's small mountain bikes. Finally, there's nothing to keep the bikes from swinging into each other as you brake and accelerate. I had high hopes for this rack, but the poor design of the rubber straps had me return it after the first use.

Inexpensive swing-away style hitch. Okay if you're willing to engineer your own hold-down straps. Be sure to carry backups for the poorly designed straps provided by the manufacturer. If they break, like mine did, you're stuck.

This was my first rack in many years. I will try a name-brand next.

[Sep 14, 2001]
Scott Bell

Strength:

ease of use, strength, clearance from vehicle.

propretery locking cores (although you can work around it)

This is a great product, we were able to puchase it for less than half of the US suggested retail at Costco in Canada ($200 Canadian). We used it to transport 2 bikes from Saskatchewan to Vancouver/Seattle, then to Alaska, Whitehores, Inuvik and finally home. No problems at all and we were constantly in and out of the back of our Ford Explorer. Get this rack, especially if you have a 2 inch receiving hitch, it will only work with a 2 inch, keep this in mind. Even without the rack extended we were able to access the back of the vehicle (through the top window half of the door). I have no hesitation in recommending this product. As for locking the rack to your hitch you can thread a small cable lock through the hole in your hitch and the rack (you only bolt it on one side of this hole) and use a regular pad lock to secure it, work for us.

Rhode Gear trunk rack (3 bike), yakima ankle biter

[Apr 09, 2001]
John Whitish

Strength:

Ease of assembly and use. It is strong and very durable.

Can't find any...

This is the best thing I have found to carry my bikes and skis to wherever I will use them. A very cool product...

Serioulsy, for anyone thinking about hauling their bikes or skis to anywhere they go, this rack does it. I use it on my Suburban and it clears the doors and wraps the bikes around and out of the way. This company is not well know but they make the best products, by far.

Nothing that I have found or used...