Topeak Micro Wedge Pack Bags

Topeak Micro Wedge Pack Bags

The Topeak Aero Wedge Pack Micro w/ Velcro possesses a unique aerodynamic design. It's shape allows the Aero Wedge Pack Micro to easily slip through wind resistance while internal pockets compartmentalize your tools, tubes, and other items. This unit also

[May 24, 2013]
Sean

Strength:

Interchangeable clip system allows quick swaps between bikes in seconds. Great customer service.

Overloading and heavy use can cause failures.

I have had topeaks rack system and an assortment of these bags. I initially overloaded one of the wedges with waaaaay too many tools and stuff and blew out the seams. I then switched to the small style wedge. I have been using this system for about 5 years with no issues until this week. I noticed that I had worn out the track on the quick release and I was cracked. I sent them a detailed email and they gladly sent me two new bags!! No questions asked!

I am hard on my gear. The durability of my last bag impressed me. The warranty replacements were a HUGE testament to their service. I have added a Velcro strap this time I should be good for 10 years now.

[Jan 24, 2012]
SierraRider

Strength:

hold stuff until a strap comes loose

straps tear off

Garbage, IMO...but what really turned me off was how their "customer service" handled it. The seat-post strap tore loose after about 10-20 normal trail rides. When I looked them up and sent an email, I was told the warranty policy is "2 years with receipt". Well, I don't have the receipt, and I think it's more than 2 years old (was on the shelf for a good while as I thought it was too small). Anyway, I just expected a bit more help when someone, in good faith, takes the time to write them about something like this.

you name it

[Sep 01, 2010]
robriw3

Strength:

It's black and looks good.

Clip doesn't stay clipped. Weak seams at stitching. Velcro not attached to pack well.

I have three of these, one clip per bike using just one pack.
First one came off on Cohutta 100, but luckily was returned by race director.
Second event the stitching broke open loosing several tools and my wedding ring.
Third event was on Firecracker 50. The clip un-clipped and at the end of the race just the velcro was wrapped around my seatpost. Lost a cell phone, multiple tools, cash, and tube.
It just doesn't work. Maybe for road biking or smooth surfaces, but I won't use this brand again after so many losses and repeat failures. For serious off-roading look elsewhere.

Cannondale, Pedros, Nashbar, Specialized, etc.

[Sep 01, 2010]
robriw

Strength:

Quick On/Off. Fits under most saddles very well. Low price.

Mostly the clip system - it just doesn't work. Do NOT pack snuggly or with odd shaped items as the stitching will fail. Zipper tends to creep up if not pulled down tight. Zelcro alone will not hold pack to seatpost if it comes loose.

I bounced off the first one on the Cohutta 100 - finished the race without it - luckily it was mailed back to me with my cell phone, wedding ring, and many tools by the race director.
The second failure was at Montgomery Bell where the zipper crept up allowing enough of an opening to loose my wedding ring, and several tools.
The third loss was the Firecracker 50 on a big rough downhill. At the finishline I just had the velcro strap still attached to the seatpost, but no bag, no cell phone, and lots of lost tools.
The final straw was when the stitching seperated allowing tools to fall through. A piece of duct tape got me to the end of the ride.
It just isn't made for rough use. It may work on a town bike or road bike, but that is it. I don't use this brand anymore - it's just cost me too much money in losses.

Multiple - Cannondale, Pedros, Nashbar, Specialized, etc.

[May 28, 2010]
ryschult1

Strength:

Size, weight, durability, shape, design

None really

This little bag is sweet! The guys at Topeak designed a great small race saddle bag. This fits just the essentials for when you are trying to keep the weight down. I can get a tube, Co2, Inflator, and lever in the bag. The material also seems to be much tougher then previous saddle bags I've owned. What I like best about the bag is the way it wraps around the seat post. It sits a little lower and wraps tight to frame so the velcro doesn't pull on your shorts causing holes. If you are a racer or just want to keep the weight low, this is the perfect bag.

Pearl Izumi, Pedro's, Specialized

[Jan 17, 2007]
Mark

Strength:

Small size, clips on and off quickly.

Small size maybe

Mainly purchased it because of it's small size and SDG seat clamping compatability, fits onto SDG saddles without fitting the quick release mount. Discreet size but can still hold an inner tube, some tyre (or tire!) levers, a multitool, patches and some change, the absolute essentials basically. Some people might prefer a bigger bag but this one is the right size just to leave on your bike all the time. Made of tough, water resistant material.

[Dec 04, 2001]
Thomas Massey

Strength:

Water resistante and durable...the smaller pocket doubles as a change holder, absolutly love the portability of it,in 3 seconds i can put it on my belt as a small pack, i also like that i can switch from the micro to the expandible in half a second

worth every penny, all of Topeaks products are of top caliber, anyone looking for the best of quality and ease of operation should buy this product

blackburn products