Timbuk2 Designs Seat Pack Bags

Seat Pack

The TIMBUK2 is a clean-looking, 24.5 cubic inch bag just large enough to fit a spare tube, multi-tool, CO2 cartridge and your favorite energy bar.

MD Sleep   Cross Country Rider [Jun 28, 2010]
Strength:

Very nice materials.
Key clip is a good feature.

The pack does not stay on the bike!

I was tired of wearing hydration packs for my usual short 1-2hr weekday rides, so I decided that a water bottle on the bike and a small seat pack with a tube, Park MT-1 tool, CO2 inflator and irons would be the answer. Amazingly I was able to squeeze all of that into the medium pack (the large was a nice fit and not as tight a squeeze)

There are two basic requirements for the pack: hold the essentials and stay on the bike. Unfortunately, this pack would not stay fixed to my seat! (Fizik Tundra) On a more technical decent, I ended up having to take it off the bike and put it in my jersey pocket for the rest of the ride. Now that in my mind is a total failure for this product.

It is probably fine for road riding or very light trail riding, but it did not work out well on my mountain bike.

Similar Products Used: Tried the Timbuk2 saddlebag in both medium and large size.
Camelback/Dakine hydration packs.
OVERALL
TJRosson   Cross Country Rider [Jan 23, 2009]
Strength:

Heavy duty. Durable. Stitching is strong.

I put a hole in a pair of Microsensor shorts because the inside of my right thigh rubbed against the velcro strap that attaches to the seatpost. (The strap wouldn't close completely.) This was partly my fault--I should have known. But I blame the design, too.

Good product but be careful if you're riding in lycra shorts. The velcro straps will eat your shorts.

OVERALL