REI Expanding Wedge Pack Bags

Expanding Wedge Pack

This small under-seat bag expands for greater capacity when you need it. Made of sturdy, water-repellent nylon ripstop packcloth. Fits conveniently under your bike seat with easy-to-use hook-and-loop straps. Two zippered compartments hold tools and accessories.

Andrew   [Jan 12, 2002]
Strength:

A lot of space to store or carry stuff for rides. good zippers and reflective tape which helps night riding.

The button that hold the pack on to the saddle rails are a bad design. When the buttons let go the pack just kind of swings back and forth while riding, what an annoyance. I also noticed that these buttons are bent from repetitive use.

This pack does a good job of holding what I need, but I find it really annoying that the seat pack does not stay attached well. It never falls off because their is a strap back up, but I will have to replace it sometime.

I would advise against purchasing this pack.

Similar Products Used: a mini wedge and expandable blackburn pack.
OVERALL
Baja Biker   Cross Country Rider [Nov 01, 2003]
Strength:

Works for a little while....

And then spews contents when zipper bursts open. Also the snaps are always popping open. (Who is the idiot who designed this thing?)

Would you like to lose your wallet on the trail? And then have to backtrack 10 miles in a desperate search? You too can do this!

I will no longer buy REI's overpriced bike supplies.

I put sheet metal screws through the snaps to keep them snapped. It helps, I guess, though they ain't snaps anymore. But for goodness' sake, it is better not to buy it in the first place.

Similar Products Used: Many. ToPeak is outstanding.
OVERALL