Pedros 65ci Blowout Bag Bags

Pedros 65ci Blowout Bag Bags

Made from recycled mountain bike inner tubes & top quality Cordura nylon with heavy duty buckles, zippers & straps 50ci/1065cc

[Jun 30, 2010]
amityskinnyguy

Strength:

Few

Self destructs

I had my bag for less than a month. I mean the thing was still not even dirty when the seams absolutely failed. I thought it was unzipped! I sent an email to Pedro's and they sent me a new one after I sent my old one in. I am going to try Armor All-ing the rubber to see if that helps. I would discourage anyone from buying this bag in the first place. I must say though, that Pedro's has great customer service, even if this product sucks.

[Jun 21, 2008]
dtheo

Strength:

holds 2 29er tubes

falls apart in a few months

I wish someone had told me to not buy this bag. It is not durable and should not be manufactured. Its worthless.

[Dec 04, 2001]
David

Strength:

Looks great, especially in yellow. Quiet.

Weak fabric. Inconvenient to open.

I carry a spare tube,tire irons, and other seldom-used items in this now that I've got a Camelbak; In order to open it, you have to unstrap it from the seatrails.

When I cinched it down (repeatedly), my seatbolt wore a hole in the top of the bag. In about a month's time.

On the positive side, it's a good size for a few choice tools, it looks great (the yellow is perfect with my "Jamaican Gold" Klein), and the rubber sides keep anything inside from making annoying rattles as I bounce down the trail.

I like it, but I don't love it.

lots

[Oct 31, 2006]
Uncle Okey

Strength:

Perfect size, secure attachment to bike, easy access design.

Recycled tubes are a great idea for the environment, but not for use far bag construction, for instance rubber tubes weren't made to be sewn through.

When I bought this I was surprizingly pleased with it. Then, after only three months of riding, the piece of hud was falling apart at the seams, litterally. The recycled tubes tore at every seam. In one ride it basically self distructed. I was luck enough to have a buddy pick up my stuff as he followed me down the trail. Don't waste your money. This really should be called the Throwout bag.

Serfas, Specialized

[Apr 15, 2005]
Ev

Strength:

+Lots of room
+Waterproof
+Easy mounting
+Not to bulky, but still fits lots.

-The strap can sometimes be a pain, SOMETIMES.
-Really there is nothing wrong.

This is an awesome bag. It fits my tube and tool in it no problem. The waterproof makes it easy so you don't have to take it off when hosing down your bike. THis is a great saddlebag!!!!

[Sep 27, 2002]
John

Strength:

It worked for a while.

After a while, it stopped working. The attachment strap idea is inferior to the quick release that many other bags use.

They should call this thing "Pedros Throwout Bag". The rubber side gave up after about 6 months. I have an old Blackburn seatbag that has help up for 10 years. These would be good if they came in disposable 20-packs. The idea is cool, but the inner tube used is either too thin or too easily weakened by sunlight. It looked cool for a while. You could pose with it for group photos. Make sure you spray some mud on it first.

Various

[May 27, 2002]
Eric

Strength:

The fact that it was made out of bike tubes was pretty cool.

Bag is all ripped up across the top after a few months of use.

I would not get it