Jandd Mini Mountain Bags

Jandd Mini Mountain Bags

The Mini Mountain Wedge Series offers seat bags that are designed to stand up to the rigors of serious on- and off-road cycling. Large main compartment and small exterior zip pocket.

[Aug 19, 2009]
wrongway

Strength:

waterproof, zippers hold up and don't open. holds everything I need.

Not really a weakness, but after 10+ years of using this bag on and off road, the velcro doesn't hold anymore... but what can you expect after 10 years.

These hold up forever, I've had mine for 10+ years! Recently the velcro that holds it to the seatpost started to come loose during rides. I still use it with only the clasp attached to the saddle rails with no problems on my road bike.

[Jun 24, 2008]
Davin

Strength:

Built with long lasting materials

falls off, I lost a park chain tool and several other important items for our trails. The zipper pops open, and the plastic clip that holds it to the seat rails failed badly twice. Cannot take real trails...only canals if you want to keep it.

Sucks, don't buy one unless you ride a comfort bike or hybrid...not for mountain bikes!

back pack is best

[Jun 12, 2003]
Stevie

Strength:

Just the right size, superb stability and quality.

Non yet

This is a 2003 model and I found it to be very stable. The main strap is adjustable and there is a quick release on the BOTTOM of the bag. This must have been a change since one of the other reviews. It works great.

My previous mountain bike bag used a mechanical mount which I will not use again. It's seat rail straps from here on.

On top of the bag are additional loops in case you want to add additional ties for more security/stability (I doubt I would need it).

This is just the right size (medium) for what I need. I race without a Camelback and I choose to keep my emergency stuff in the seat bag. Mountain tube, Inflator w/co2, 2 more co2 carts, Small knife, Crank Bros Multi-17, Small patch kit, zip ties, with a little more room to spare.

I like the separate key/ID/money pocket on the bottom, too. Paid 15.00 but would have paid 25.00 because it fit the bill perfectly.

Nice product from a company that obviously pays attention to detail.

Pearl Isumi Tailgate road bag (great for the road, not enough room for the woods)

[Mar 06, 2004]
Tony

Strength:

Stitching

No longer made in America

I remember the days when Jandd would pride itself in making all its products right here in the good ol' U.S. of A (Santa Barbara to be exact). Now half its stuff is made overseas. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, guess it's the global economy. As far as the bag is concerned, the stitching is what separates Jandd from the rest: it's as good as it gets. Also the tightening strap is useful when you're not stuffing the bag to the max. One pet-peave concerning reviews: please don't mention it being "bomb proof". Yeah, stick a grenade inside the bag and see if its bombproof. Please, folks, enough with the superlatives.

[Sep 26, 1998]
Marty Brenner
cross-country rider

I've had a couple Mini Mtn. Wedges for years now - one for my road bike and one for my mtn. bike. It's just plain perfect! It holds five allen wrenches, a chain tool, kevlar spoke, 2 tire irons, spoke wrench, spare tube, patch kit and a mini crescent wrench in the big compartment. In the bottom I put my money, ID and keys. Perfect. Quiet too. I like those silent zipper pulls. Oh yeah, it's totally stable too, even with how I ride it stays in place.Jandd kicks ass!!!

[Nov 03, 1997]
Rommel
cross-country rider

Jandd RULES!!!!! I bought a messenger bag from them after I had burned through about five others...As a semi-professional student, messenger bags are a requirement...I bought a Jandd on the rec of a friend...Over the past TEN years this bag has seen it all...abuse, dropped down a mountain, submerged, driven over, rained on, airplane baggage handlers, etc... after TEN years one zipper seam frayed and the zipper was not super smooth, so i sent it in to Jandd with the expectation that they would charge me for fixing it...I received a brand new bag, FREE and within the WEEK!!...Customer service and good designs don't come this good any more...I'm a lifetime Jandd client...suffice it to say if you're in the market for a bag and Jandd makes it, buy the Jandd... you can't go wrong...Five flamin' chillis because that's all they allow

[Jan 19, 1997]
StephenB
racer

Jandd packs are the best packs I have ever bought, I own several. everything from mini wedges for the bike to fanny packs to the new aqua pack for my camel bak!

[Sep 02, 2000]
Joey

Strength:

Unrivaled quality of workmanship. What else is there to say?

None. However, update the damn website, you guys!

Quite simply, the best bags in the market. Yeah, they're expensive, but sometimes you can't put a price on quality.

Nashbar, Performance

[Jun 14, 2000]
Canzogal

Strength:

Unparallelled quality and durability!

None, nada, zilch...

The bike shop where hubby and I work (Talbot's Cyclery in San Mateo) carries Jandd EXCLUSIVELY. I have had at least three of these Mini Mtn Wedges (I've sold a couple of my old bikes with the wedge included!), not to mention a host of other products including the Grocery Bag Carrier, Pannier Bags and that rectangular-shaped carrier that goes on a rear rack, whatever it's called (mine got ripped off). The bike customers I've worked with kind of get a bit ill at the price but once they take a couple of moments to check out the product's obvious quality, they have no qualms. No problem with the Mini Wedge though since it's only around $13! No other product can touch Jannd's quality. Buy it!

Trek and Gary Fisher products

[Jan 06, 1999]
9Gturns
racer

Jandd rocks! They are one of the few companies around today that do not compromise on quality. Everything from Jandd touring racks to their backpacks is top notch and perfectly designed.
If they only updated the catalog and could keep their web site online then they would probably sell more of their gear. I really lucked out stumbling across one of their bags and I've been hooked ever since.