Epic Ride Research Mountain Feedbag Bags

Mountain Feedbag

Mountain FeedBagTM - a compact storage bag designed just for highly competitive endurance mountain bike racers. Mountain Feedbag has a unique mounting system and special opening that fantastically optimizes your access to food during ultra-endurance events.

gabrielle   Cross Country Rider [Oct 24, 2010]

(Disclaimer: I received one of these as swag at MBO.)

I admit, I thought these were kind of dorky when I first saw them a few years ago. I got a chance to try one at MBO this year and it became my new Favorite Thing the instant I attached it to my bike. This is one of the best pieces of gear I've acquired in a long time. It can hold all kinds of crap - snacks, gel, radio, blahblahblah. I put my food in it so I don't have to take off my pack at every single stop. (If you have ever ridden with me, you know that I stop for eats frequently.) It's completely unobtrusive, solid as a rock through minor crashes, and easy to open & close. It is also *very* well made, something I am not used to seeing from gear manufacturers these days. A+ from me.

Similar Products Used: stuff sack in my camelbak
Zigrat   Cross Country Rider [Apr 11, 2010]
Strength:

Build quality and ease of use - it does exactly what it says on the tin

None so far - can't buy direct in the UK

A really really good product. This is the first time I've felt like posting a review in the 10+ years I've been riding. I like to ride 3 hour loops and also use the bike to commute to work (1 hr - with half of it being x-country)and this allows me to stay well nourished. Last night it did a really good job of holding a bag of chips (I believe you call them french fries) when I was dying on the way home. So far I've bought 4 (two for me and two for presents) and can't recommend it highly enough

Similar Products Used: Nothing to compare it to
Joe Wright   Cross Country Rider [Jan 20, 2010]

Is it's the perfect out of the way yet perfectly accessible on the go feeding bag.
It's never fallen off or got caught up in anything sticking out into the trail.
Holds plenty for a day's ride i.e. a couple Cliffs, a banana, keys & wallet even my camera.
Or, of course, a Beer w/ room to spare.

Justa Plodda   Cross Country Rider [Nov 12, 2009]
Strength:

Ideal placement without being in the way, very easy to use while on the move, stores all my bits and pieces (bars, phone, jelly beans) also can be used as a bottle holder with bars and gels stored in the side pockets

There are no Weaknesses

This is an excellent product, particularly if you are into the ultra distance events when you really need everything to be "totally uncomplicated". I used the bag for the Simpson Desert Challenge - Australia www.desertchallenge.com (an absolutely extreme "off the planet" event) and it stood up to all sorts of abuse. I'm currently planning a very long desert ride and will be definately using this bag... maybe two :-)

Similar Products Used: Coffin Bag which tends to lean over and get mixed up with my knees
C-Hog   Racer [Dec 10, 2008]
Strength:

Quality of materials and construction.

None.

Excellent product. Mounts securely, and completely out of the way... yet immediately accessible. Holds an amazing amount of "stuff" for its small size. If you spend 4-6 hours (or more) at a time on your bike, you need one of these.

OFP508   Weekend Warrior [Sep 18, 2008]
Strength:

Strong as a Elk! Exceptionally built to last and stong in quality. Perfect.

Christa's bags are built with quality material, every bag she sells is quality made and an Oregon geniune product. I love the feel and make of the bag, its strong enough to home a small handheld radio such as a ham radio and snacks.

cazloco   Cross Country Rider [Sep 17, 2008]
Strength:

Light, one hand operation, fastens securely (3 point), padded, convenient, out of the way, easy on/off, produced by one of the nicest people in the world, color options, left or right options and holds just about anything. Washable.

Not waterproof but what is? (No, I'm not sticking my camera in a frog's butt and then putting the frog in my FeedBag.) Doesn't fit on a unicycle. If you forget to close it; things can fall out.

This is a super light weight bag that is not in my way ever. The convenients of use, the multiple applications and the unbelievable simplicity of it makes the FeedBag and awesome bicycle accessory.
Things I regularly put in my FeedBag: camera, h2o bottle, folding saw, rainjacket, gloves, food, first aid kit, second aid kit ;), 2 way radio, cell phone, beer, bar light battery, sunglasses, garbage that other people left on the trail (side pockets), gel flask, vest, arm warmers and extra tubes. Anything used during a ride without having to take off my backpack to get at.

Similar Products Used: None out there can compare. This is not like any other handlebar bag.