Home | Reviews | Wheelset | WTB

WTB Laser Disc XC Wheelset

WTB’s lightest hoops, the LaserDisc XC at 425-grams, laced with 28 WTB double-butted spokes to LaserDisc Lite hubs. This elite-level wheelset combines race-winning acceleration with long-term durability. Optional LaserDisc SingleDuty rear hub.

Submitted by Greg Spolar a Weekend Warrior from Kunshan, Jiangsu, China

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2008

Strengths:    Light weight, look good

Weaknesses:    With less than 200 km on them, the rear wheel is no longer straight enough to ride.

Bottom Line:
I just purchased this bike here in Kunshan. Although the mountain biking is limited in here, the short travel and light weight are perfect for riding the rough roads or city riding. I love this bike. I'm a big guy, 6'-1" and 190 lbs. With only 200 km of riding, I've bunny hopped a couple of speed bumps and ridden off a curb here and there. Now the rear wheel wiggles more than a hooker's ass on Friday night. It needs some serious straightening. I know it's a racing wheelset, but I'm not even riding off road! Anything designed for off road use should easily handle the riding I've done without trouble.

Similar Products Used:   Cane Creek Duros, custom built wheels.

Bike Setup:   Giant Anthem, full Shimano XT, 3.5" Fox suspension front and rear.

01 sid xc and wtb laser disc lite hub

I posted this in the wheels section, but I thought maybe these parts would me more common here with my fellow weight weenies. anyone ever have a problem of the rotor bolts rubing the 01 sid xc fork? if so then what should I do? the brakes are martas btw. t25 torx head bolts the combo wor ... Read More »