Vuelta ZeroLite Pro Mountain Wheelset

> Strength
> Well-built from factory
> Sealed bearing

Weaknesses:    > Weight

Bottom Line:
As it is said: you have price, weight and strength; pick two. Well, these wheels are cost effective and strong but a bit heavy. I'm 220lbs so this is not exactly a concern. I replaced a set of OEM Alex wheels with these and didn't notice a weight change, but the strength was a big improvement. On the Alex wheels, I could easily feel the flex on a fast bend or steep climb but no flex with these. The rim strips are decent and look able to support well.

These were my first 24H wheels so nothing to compare them too, but the spokes appear strong and the wheels (I have two sets) arrived true and solid. Sealed bearings a bonus and they look alright, too. Make sure to apply pressure around the decals after unpacking as the ends of mine were hanging off.

Favorite Trail:   Where I am riding

Duration Product Used:   1 yr

Similar Products Used:   Usual suspects

Bike Setup:   Marin 29er HT

Submitted by Colorado Yooper

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2012

Strengths:    Durable,strong, good looking, and inexpensive

Weaknesses:    on the heavy side. But really, 1/2 pound on a value wheel set is not an issue.

Bottom Line:
As a clyesdale rider I needed replace my rear wheel (why cant rocks be evenly spaced and in logical geometric order). I seen these in Ebay at Crosslake. I bid and won them for cheap. When they arrived, still in the shipping box from Vuelta, I put them on and headed out for a 50 mile ride. I was impressed. I have ridden these for 250 miles now and no issues have popped up. BTW, 1/2 pound is relatively 1/2 a bottle of water or 12 oz. or a pee break. Not an issue.

Submitted by wayshwing a Cross Country Rider from Santa Clara, CA US

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2010

Strengths:    Affordable
Very stiff
Stay true
rugged rims
Shimano hubs
Great braking surface so far

Weaknesses:    Could be lighter

Bottom Line:
I ride very light carbon wheels on my road bike, and I tend to be a weight-weenie. When I first looked to replace my MTB wheels (personal built 28H Campy Sthenos, double butted DT spokes, about 1850 gms) I wanted something a little more rugged at the expense of a little more weight. These wheels only set me back $89 (WOW) so I was a bit weary, but knowing a friend who uses Vuelta wheels, he had no negatives about them. They test around 2080 grams on my scale, so I took about a half pound hit.
So far I've put about 350 Northern Ca singletrack miles on them, and so far they're true and stiff. I use v-brakes, and the braking surface is very rugged and grippy. Hubs feel bomber and no-play.
If you dont mind some extra weight for your cross-country riding, I would recommend these for the weekend warrior!

Purchased At:   EBay