Velocity P-35 29er Wheelset

• Lacing Pattern: 3x
  • Cassette: Shimano

Submitted by Damon a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2012

Strengths:    Strong and durable

Weaknesses:    mmmm, none,

Bottom Line:
Just got back from a few days on the Colorado Trail and then over to Fruita for a few days with my Rigid Surly Karate Monkey running Velocity p35 29 rims. I can't say enough good things about these rims. I rolled over huge rock gardens, roots, branches, you name it and these rims took it all and I'm over 200 pounds. They are available in three grades if I"m not mistaken so be sure of what you're buying. Mine are the mid-grade and there is a pro level and a beginner. The idea here is to run wider rims with my Schwalbe Racing Ralphs at a lower psi so that you could get a 'cushy' or forgiving ride without front suspension. It was super tough on Segment 6 of the CT but that was mostly me and my 'blue' skillset as opposed to the rims. All you saw riding thru there were full suspension Santa Cruz's and Treks, Yetis and Niners.

When I got over to Fruita, these rims really shined. Fast, agile and durable, I was able to fly down Prime Cut and PBR fully confident that my rims would take it. Great price for solid rims.

Favorite Trail:   Levis Mound

Purchased At:   Cory the Bike Fixer

Bike Setup:   Surly Karate Monkey, Chris King headset, SRAM X7, elixer hydraulics, Velocity p35 29 rims, Schwalbe Racing Ralphs