Sun-Ringle Disc Jockey Wheelset

• Nipples: Brass
  • Spokes: 14/15 Gauge Double Butted

Submitted by Juice a Cross Country Rider from breckenridge, co

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2007

Strengths:    light, black, disc specific

Bottom Line:
I wanted to upgrade from v-brakes on my piece of crap 04 Fisher Cake 2. I was a bit sceptical about such a cheap pair of wheels, but I was on a tight budget. Disc specific are usually stronger and lighter than the old ones because of the arched rim design so I went for it. I abused the hell out of these wheels so far for a year. They have seen several foot drops at porcupine rim Moab, slickrock, abuse in Fruita and all over Colorado. Why they have not blown up with a 185lb. rider and a camelback, I can not explain. They do need a serious trueing but that is expected. I have had an unbelievable experience with these wheels and was sad to see them go last week when I sold my bike.

Favorite Trail:   peaks trail

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   lots of bontragers race and select, cheap alex

Submitted by Mark a Weekend Warrior from Columbia City, Indiana

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2006

Strengths:    Hubs spin soooo smooth. Pretty strong. I've taken 4ft drops and no bends yet. That cool buzz sound when coasting.

Weaknesses:    Rim profile is kind of cheesy looking but they are real easy to clean.

Bottom Line:
Can't beat them for the price. Sure Cross-Max wheels are really nice but at least twice the price. If your not a racer these will work just fine.

Purchased At:   Pricepoint