Sun-Ringle Charger 29er (QR20 optional) Wheelset

2.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Combination of our lightweight XC hubs and 28mm rim, creates a lightweight durable AM set. This set is race prove on the MTN X circuit with Lopes, Prokop, Cedric

USE: ALL MOUNTAIN/ DISC

FRONT HUB: 32 HOLE SUNRINGLÉ DIRTY FLEA (BLACK)

REAR HUB: 32 HOLE SUNRINGLÉ DIRTY FLEA, (BLACK)

RIM: S.O.S., WIDTH: 28mm

SPOKES: DT COMPETITION (2.0/ 1.8) BLACK DOUBLE BUTTED

NIPPLES: BRASS

LACING: 3 CROSS (FR/ RR)

WEIGHT: 885g (FR), 1005g (RR)

Submitted by Steven a Cross Country Rider from Western Maine

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2011

Strengths:    Quality, lightweight 27mm rims, lightweight hubs, price.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I have nothing but good things to say about this wheelset. I like the looks, the weight, the 20mm front hub, and so far the reliability. The wheels easily converted to tubeless with Stan's. Compared to many of the pre-built wheelsets on the market, the SunRingle Chargers appear to be quite the bargain.

Favorite Trail:   All of them

Purchased At:   online

Bike Setup:   Kona Hei Hei 29er, White Bros Magic 110 w 20mm TA, XTR, Hayes, Charger 29er wheelset,etc...

Submitted by AKA Monkeybutt a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix, AZ

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2009

Strengths:    Light enough, rims seem ok. I really can’t keep the rear hub together long enough to write up a long term review.

Weaknesses:    The rear free hub is very weak. I'm on my third hub rebuild in 6 months. They are nice enough to warranty the parts but it’s a pain that it keeps blowing up.

Bottom Line:
Save yourself the walk out of the trails and the aggravation. My 29er is down for 1-1.5 weeks every hub blow up. Don’t make the mistake I did, spend a little more money and get something that will hold up under use. I would have paid more of a price up front for nice wheels but now the cheap wheels are costing me twice as much since I now need to buy something nice.

Favorite Trail:   All of them

Purchased At:   Jenson

Similar Products Used:   DT's, WTB's.

Bike Setup:   Turner Sultan