Stans NoTubes ZTR Arch Wheelset

• Stainless steel cartridge bearings
  • Spin very free

Submitted by Ascary a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2012

Strengths:    Light, tubeless, ease of setting up.

Weaknesses:    Spoke Strength

Bottom Line:
I got the newer arch EX wheelset, it rolls fast and feels stable and strong. Rated at 230lbs, I weigh 200 - 205 and managed to snap a spoke at the hub while riding on road. Has a great freewheel sound...very crisp, but after the spoke got fixed the rear wheel has been creaking nonstop. Rather disappointed. Tires go on easily with no tools. Seals quickly and bead really holds on even at lower pressures. Wheels feel lighter than actual weight, and spin very freely!

Favorite Trail:   Mission trails

Purchased At:   Biker bobs

Similar Products Used:   Dt Swiss 1800

Bike Setup:   Pivot Mach 4

Submitted by jrogs

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2012

Strengths:    Very good price, quality tubeless,strong, light, don't leak.

Weaknesses:    Could have better looking stickers

Bottom Line:
For the price these rims are really durable I am super happy with them. They are light with the rotational weight.

Submitted by Straz85 a Cross Country Rider from Ashland, MA, USA

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2012

Strengths:    First, I'd like to point out, these are no longer $445 MSRP, they have gone up to $535. They are on par with a much more expensive wheelset though. They weighed in at 1600g on my scale (without skewers), very well built and plenty stiff for me (175lbs without gear) and strong. I ride in the northeast where there's rocks and roots everywhere and these wheels have handled the terrain without a problem. I also love that you can convert the 3.30 hub between 9mm, 15mm and 20mm. I have a fork with a 9mm dropout right now, but plan on getting a 15mm in the near future and this gives me the options to switch without buying a new wheelsset.

Weaknesses:    Not the prettiest wheels in the world.

Bottom Line:
For the price, I think these wheels are unbeatable.

Favorite Trail:   Kingdom Trails

Purchased At:   Peterson's Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager Duster, Mavic Crossride

Bike Setup:   2010 Trek Fuel EX8 - 2011 XT 1x10 drivetrain, XT brakes.

Submitted by crazyjeys a Weekend Warrior from Socal, USA

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2011

Strengths:    great set of rims. strong and light. tubeless compatible. easy to bed in tires.

Weaknesses:    would be better if it was a tad wider. but you can always get the flows.

Bottom Line:
great set of rim. strong and light. got the flows for my AM bike but i like the archs for my trail bike. you'll never go wrong with the notubes products.

Purchased At:   Rbikes

Similar Products Used:   mavic 819, stans flow

Bike Setup:   SC BLTc. Fox Talas 150. Hadley hubs on Stans Arch via DT Revo.

Submitted by Ed a Weekend Warrior from Boulder, CO

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2011

Strengths:    No flats!! After years of battling flats, I now have been nearly flat free for a year.
Strong rims - I'm 220 lb and ride fairly technical trails and only had to true the rims once.
Much lighter than running with tubes.

Weaknesses:    The hub froze once, but Stans took care of it

Bottom Line:
These are the best upgrade I ever made to my bike. These rims take a beating and the weight difference makes such a difference in my riding.

Favorite Trail:   Hall Ranch