Stans NoTubes ZTR 355 29er Wheelset

• American Classic hubs include quick release skewers
  • Thru axle front hub

Submitted by FotoJesse a Cross Country Rider from Gainesville, Fl, USA

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2010

Strengths:    Light, light, light. Spin up quickly and did I mention light?

Weaknesses:    No with the wheels so far although the skewers have managed to loosen themselves a couple of times.

Bottom Line:
Great wheel set for the money. I have them with the Stan's ZTR hubs and have been very happy with them thus far. I am not the smoothest rider and I enjoy riding the more technical trails and they have remained true and I have had no issues with the tires burping air. They provided a very noticeable difference from the much heavier wheel set that was on my bike when I bought plus the 30 p.o.e. hub is a nice bonus. I am about 185-190 geared up these have held up nicely for me even as I try to bomb my way through the more technical- rocky and rooty- trails that I ride.

Favorite Trail:   Santos

Purchased At:   www.r2technik.com

Similar Products Used:   Several off brand 29er boat anchor wheels

Bike Setup:   Niner Air9, Reba Race, XTR Cranks, XT Ders, 355s/ZTR

Submitted by HotRodTodd a Cross Country Rider from Imperial Missouri USA

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2010

Strengths:    They are light. Mine weighed in @ 1610 grams W/strips and stems. They have taken several square edges and remain true. I am running much lower psi than on previous wheel sets. I weigh 210lbs. and enjoy high speed technical descents.

Weaknesses:    The rear tire blew off the rim three times while trying to seat the tire. The third time it knocked the wheel out of true. I switched tires and have had no other problems.

Bottom Line:
They are light enough to race and strong enough for all mountian.

Favorite Trail:   Chubb