Spinergy Rev-X-Roks Lite Wheelset

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Spinergy Rev-X-Roks Lite

Submitted by fonseca a Cross Country Rider from Virginia

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2002

Strengths:    6 years later I still use them.

Weaknesses:    Slight hop on front wheel
No longer made

Bottom Line:
I bought these at the end of 1997, and they are still going strong after many years of use. During my years in college they bombed down thousands of steps on an almost nightly basis, and plenty of trails. Besides my shimano 747s and '96 nishiki pinnacle frame, this is the oldest biking product I still use.

I now have several standard wheelsets for disc brakes that I built myself, but the spinergy xtra-lites are still on my hardtail and going strong. The front has never needed maintenance, and the rear has been rebuilt once. I doubt you can still get a new rim put on by spinergy, so once the rims get too thin I will retire these for good. But to have been abused by a 200lb rider for so many years says something about their quality. And when I hop on my hardtail after riding my FS bike, I am always aware that these have no windup or flex whatsoever...something immediately noticeable. Despite having several "overbuilt" 36 spoke wheelsets with thru axles and heavy freeride rims, the stiffness and lack of windup of the spinergys is readily apparent.

If you can find a pair in good condition at a reasonable price, grab 'em. These are durable wheels.

Similar Products Used:   spins, many handbuilt wheelsets.

Submitted by Adam a Cross Country Rider from Dothan, AL

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2001

Strengths:    Best damn wheels I've ever used. I've raced downhill, dual slalom, x-country, and urban assaults with these wheels and they are still perfectly true. Nothin looks as bad ass as Spinergy's either.

Weaknesses:    Sealed hub can't be made disc brake compatible but I can deal with my arch rival 50's. After a lot of hard riding the rear hub has about .5 mm of play in it, not enough to affect me but i'm gonna see if i can get it fixed.

Bottom Line:
Product kicks ass if you want to spend that much money unless u can get it for the same price i did. Well worth all my $350.

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Similar Products Used:   Sun Rims/CR18 LX

Bike Setup:   Cannondale SuperV 1000, xt rear derailler, xtr shifters, lx front derailler

Submitted by Gabriel Bozo a Cross Country Rider from Fort Worth TX

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2001

Strengths:    Look cool, Carbon, Sealed bering front hub.

Weaknesses:    Made from low grade carbon, i hate the rear hub, the rim looks like it was made by huffy, was not true whe i got them

Bottom Line:
They were good for a bit. but now, i have 3 cracks in the carbon " v" on the rim, in 3 seprate places, omfg what the hell is this , i dont do jumps, and i dont race, i just ride trails, and now i wrote spinergy and i never got a responce, but my LBS told me i was shi# out of luck, beacse i bought them mail order, and i contacted price point, i was sol there too, beacuse i paid wiht a check and not a credit card, wtf man, so now im suck with a very expencave wheel that i cant use. I wish i knew thes things were disposable when i bought them, if spinergy reads this, help me out i put good mony and faith in a bad product, and it only 2 years old.
ill give 1 big flaming pile of dog shi# beacse i used them for 2 years.
I know the spox are great, hlp me out and replace them like you did with the other wheel sets

Favorite Trail:   Potteinstein