Spinergy Fall Line FR Wheelset

Weight : 2540 grams

Durable, yet lightweight downhill wheel designed to be more resistant to repeated impacts through the use of PBO fiber spokes.

Submitted by Edemption42 a Downhiller from Henderson, Nevada

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2010

Strengths:    None so far, 1 day at BrianHead, and 2 days at Mt. Charley...I'll see how they hold up at Mammoth and Bootleg. Much stronger and quicker then my old Mavic wheels.

Weaknesses:    Not Tubeless, I had some trouble with NoTubes/Stans.

Bottom Line:
So far they have been GREAT...We shall see if the PBO Fibers can hold up to a season at Bootleg :)

I'll hitcha back in a few...

Favorite Trail:   N*,Mammoth,Bootleg

Purchased At:   Bike Bling

Similar Products Used:   I have a pair of CB Iodines, I like them both.
Deemax

Saint Cranks
Deity, Stem/Bars/Pedals

Submitted by Luke Macken a Weekend Warrior from Fayetteville AR

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2008

Strengths:    Spinergy Warranty and Customer Service Department. Specifically Joe

Weaknesses:    None that I have seen, the Falline replaced my set that was out of production. They really took care of me with the crash pricing and quick turnaround. They made recommendations as far as updates and service that the wheels/hubs needed.

Bottom Line:
After I took my wheel in to get strung buy local shop here in Bentonville AR (no names mentioned) They strung it up never called me and upon arrival told me that the new wheel was different that the one I had brought in. AAARRRRGH! they didn't pick up the phone and ask and I still paid them 70 bucks because I believe in supporting the local shops. Just not that one anymore.

Anyway Joe at Spinergy went above and beyond and I truly thank them for it and will continue to use their product and be a brand advocate for Spinergy until I have to install them on my wheelchair!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Trail:   Muddy ones

Purchased At:   Spinergy

Similar Products Used:   Atomic Laboratories

Bike Setup:   04 Titus Switchblade LG, Marzocchi bomber z3, Hayes 8" front& rear. Azonic,Titec,Cane Creek,Saint.. blah blah blah....Environmentally streamlined componentry :)

Submitted by foes455 a Downhiller from san diego CA

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2008

Strengths:    they are very strong lite and look super sick they are the ultimate wheel for all aspects of riding and are super silent

Weaknesses:    when they get they don't look as nice as when they are clean

Bottom Line:
they are the most silent strong wheel i have ever riden they are a little bit on the pricy side but are deffenently the greatest wheels and the spokes made out of nilone and the hub is a redesined hadly. they also have LIFTIME WARRANTY so if you can break them send them back to spinergy and they will hook you up with a set of new ones

Favorite Trail:   ted williams, woodward, fonana, pila

Purchased At:   pro built wheels

Bike Setup:   foes fly 08, 888 rc2x, air currnet, stroker carbon, spinergy wheels

Submitted by CAPERAN BENJAMIN a Downhiller from FRANCE

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2008

Strengths:    In french : Une réponse à l'accélération surprenante, trés grande tolérance mais pourtant une rigidité hors paire.

Weaknesses:    Le poids n'a rien d'extra-ordianaire, à peine moins que des Deemax; Distribuées par FMF.

Bottom Line:
Des roues surprenantes à bien des égards : un look peu commun qui inspire confiance (moyeux et rayonnage), et surtout un comportement trés dynamique.
Tolérantes voire souples, ces roues renvoient le moindre effort comme un coup de fouet, un gain au coup de pédale et une précision en guidage dans du défoncé et au freinage.
Exccellente prestation avec la fourniture des outils de tension de rayons (attention, rayons un peu chers en France : FMF passe par là !).
A utiliser pour du FR car tolérantes, en DH car dynamiques.
Sur Ebay, moins chères qu'une paire de Deemax en port payé !

Favorite Trail:   PISTE DU PAPE / POPE'S TRAIL

Purchased At:   EBAY

Similar Products Used:   Deemax.

Bike Setup:   Spécialized DEMO 8 Pro en deux versions : 180 avec Totem et DHX Air + court, en 200 avec FOX RC2 et DHX 5.0 ; Magura GUSTAV M for ever !

Submitted by M.L. a Downhiller from Rotterdam, Netherlands

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2007

Strengths:    Very stiff, this wheelset looks great on the bike

Bottom Line:
This is a great wheelset, tools are included for tensioning the spokes, it costs more than the everage wheelset but this spinergy wheelset is something different!! This wheelset is a real eyecatcher and it does the job very well! I would recommend this wheelset to everyone out there!

Purchased At:   EBAY

Similar Products Used:   Mavic deemax

Submitted by Bill from Vista, CA

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2007

Strengths:    This wheels are super burly while being fairly light compared to the other FR/DH wheels I have seen. Basically they are within the weight range of an all-mountain wheel but with the burlyness of a full blown downhill wheel. The wide (39mm) rims immediately give your tires a better foot print. The front wheels can be switched from 20mm through axle to a quick release setup in a snap if you have plans to switch wheels between bikes. You can also get the rear in either 9mm QR or 12 through axle. (I have the 9mm version)

Weaknesses:    None really worth mentioning. The PBO spokes are not found in every bikeshop so like other high end wheels that use unique spokes you may want to get a spare before you need one. I have never busted one on the trail and you can get them right from Spinergy

Bottom Line:
I do not worry about breaking my wheels! These wheels have taken plenty of abuse and have not given me one bit of trouble. They are light enough to keep an otherwise heavy bike in the climbable realm yet burly enough to allow you to go screaming down gnarly techno-fest mountains (if you dare) with full cofindence in your wheels.

Similar Products Used:   I have been loving my Xyclone Discs on my XC bike for four years. The Specialized Enduro wheels that came with my bike.

Bike Setup:   Specialized Enduro Pro, Fox 36RC2 upfront, Raceface baseguard and the rest is a mix of XT and XTR components

Submitted by CRAZY FRED a Weekend Warrior from LYNN,MA

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2006

Strengths:    COOLEST LOOKING WHEEL OUT THERE WHITE SPOKES ON WHITE BIKE.THEY JUST SEEM TO TURN OVER ON THERE OWN.SUPER STIFF,SICK LOOKING HUBS,REAR HUB SOUND CRAZY,NEVER OUT OF TRU

Weaknesses:    IF YOU HADE TO PAY FOR THEM I GUESS,CHRIS ROCKS ONE OF THE BEST GUY I'VE DELT WITH IN THE BUSS. BEEN IN THIS GAME FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS,DENTON ROCKS TOO. PR TOP SHELF

Bottom Line:
ONE OF THE BEST THINGS TO HAPPEN TO ME IN MY LIFE WAS HOOKING UP WITH SPINERGY CHRIS HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO ME GO TO THERE SITE AND LOOK UP SPONSERED RIDERS AKA CRAZY FRED.I HOPE TO NEVER HAVE TO RUN ANY OTHER WHEELS EVER AGAIN. ALL THOUGH I HAVE YET TO GO MONSTER HUGH I KNOW THATY WHEN I DO THESE WHEELS WILL JUST BE LAUGHING AT ME SAYING HA HA HA THAT'S IT THAT'S ALL YOU GOT. SOON TO BE BUILDING YP INTENSE6.6 WITH A GOAL WEIGHT OF 28 TO 30 WITH SPINERGY XYCLONES WWW.DIESELBIKES.COM MASS.ROCKS LYNN,WOODS CALL SPINERGY ASK FOR CHRIS TELL HIM CRAZY FRED SENT YOU

Favorite Trail:   THE ONE I'M CURRENTLY RIDING