Neuvation Cycling MTN MAX Wheelset

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The MTN MAX Aero wheels are all around cross country wheels. The front wheel uses 20 aero spokes 3.5X1 mm aero spokes.

The front hubs are forged and cnc machined before being anodized. The anodizing provides a durable and good looking finish. Two Abec 5 level, low contact seal, Japanese cartridge bearings are press fit into the shell. Agressive rubber contact seals in the end caps keep out crud.

• Rim: 26: Pinned 6066 alloy 19 mm deep and 23 mm side. 465 grams. With eyelets 20 H.
  • Stainless aero 3.5X1 mm with brass chrome plated nipples.
  • 26" clincher. For 6 bolt discs
  • 100% hand built

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Michael

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2012

Strengths:    I bought these wheels in 2011 and was a little sceptical about how light they were and with so few spokes , but I have beat on these wheels for more than a year and a half they are still as straight and as smooth as the day I got them .Also great looking wheels with the bladed spokes .

Weaknesses:    I have tried to buy some more sets of these ( as I own several bikes ) but they are no longer for sale .

Bottom Line:
    Neuvation please bring back these wheels . If anyone has a chance to get a set of these you will not regret it . I am a 190+ rider who hits the trail hard and I usally can trash wheels with in a season or two . These held up great all season and by the looks of them you wouldn't expect it . Well worth the money .

Submitted by Ntwadumela a Cross Country Rider from Michigan

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2011

Strengths:    Inexpensive, good price to weight ratio, good looking, silent,
    well built

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
    Great value for the money. So far have stayed true (better than 70 miles on the set). I'm not easy on them as I live for the downhill sections of the trails I ride and weigh around 160 lbs. Love the look with the bladed spokes. Low spoke count (20) may not make this the best choice for heavier riders, but I have no complaints. The rear wheel is silent, makes no noise what so ever when coasting. Ratings are for lighter riders, heavier riders may want to look for something with a few more spokes.

Favorite Trail:   Cannonsburg SGA

Purchased At:   Neuvationcycling.com

Bike Setup:   2001 SC Superlight

$1,200 Max. All Mtn. Need Advice

I'm shopping for a new All Mtn bike. Have a $1,200 max budget. Since I would prefer a Full Suspension AND the best bike possible, I'm considering buying it used on EBay. Brands I'm considering are: Giant, Gary Fisher, Specialized & Trek I'm 5'8" and weight 163lbs. So, I'm thinking a 17inch fra ... Read More »