Magura Pro Disc XC Wheelset

• Quick release skewers
  • Mavic XM 819 disc rims

Submitted by Rod Munch a Cross Country Rider from Santa Rosa, Ca

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2007

Strengths:    Strong and sturdy for XC riding. Hugi hubs have been good to me. Only trued rear wheel once in 1,800 miles. Cartridge bearings have stayed like new for 3 years. Good price compared to many others, especially Mavic at same weight.

Weaknesses:    Not the lightest wheelset. Lame-O plastic grommet to hold Presta stem in Schraeder hole, always falls out during tube/tire changes. I Shoe-Goo'd mine in place.

Bottom Line:
I read a bit from Magura when they introduced these wheels. They said "this is as light as a wheelset should be to perform reliably." I loved my Martas so much I trusted them and bought their setup. Can't comment on lighter wheels like the American Classics, but these have been steadfast for almost 2,000 miles of rocky XC. Do I still dream about lighter wheels? Yes.

Favorite Trail:   Lawndale

Purchased At:   KingAir2000 on Ebay

Similar Products Used:   18 years of DX, LX & XT wheelsets, this is my first disc setup

Bike Setup:   2004 Hammerhead 100X, Fox F100RLC & Float R Propedal, Magura Martas, XTR, XT, Ritchey, Sette bits. Kenda Blue Groove 2.1 Stick-E's