Loaded Precision AmXC Wheelset

• Hand Built 3 cross
  • Rim: AmXC 32 Hole Rims

Submitted by duggus

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2013

Strengths:    Good hub engagement and sound. Easy convertible front hub. Looks Weight

Weaknesses:    Price

Bottom Line:
This isn't a full review, just pointing out that the reviewer below is reviewing a 29" wheel on this page instead of the Loaded AMXC 29" handbuilt wheel page. There is a difference between the stock Loaded wheelsets and the handbuilt Loaded wheelsets. The handbuilt are much better and stronger. I weight 220 and no signs of weakness.

Submitted by Marcus a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2012

Strengths:    Look Good with matching anodized rims

Weaknesses:    Flimsy Junk!!!!!!

Bottom Line:
I purchased these wheels in an attempt to keep my 29er experiment cost down just in case I couldnt adapt to the big hoops. I run Chris King on all my other bikes and have absolutely loved them. I tried to research loaded products but could find very little information about the company or products but did find some blog that someone from the company claimed their products were american made and all "top tier stuff". I thought I would experiment by building the project 29er with all loaded products including wheels, skewers, stem, seatpost, and headset. With the exception of the seatpost, ALL OF LOADED PRODUCTS ARE JUNK. The wheels were poorly built, constantly popping from spoke flex. My lbs commented on the poor build quality and that he saw these hubs at interbike from some chinese manufacturer and loaded is simply rebranding them. Now after owning these wheels for less than three months the rear hub will no longer freewheel. Do not waste your money on any loaded products.

Favorite Trail:   colorado trail/buffalo creek/pine valley ranch

Purchased At:   amazon