Loaded Precision Amxc 29er Wheelset

DesignedTo work specifically with horizontal dropouts,The AmXc 29” is a reliable 29” single speed wheelThat sports great performance and fantastic looks. Tubeless ready6 bolt rotor mountAxle options (included) 9mm, 15mm or 20mm front10x135mm, 12x135mm or 12x142mm rear Disc only

Submitted by CCTrog

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff with 32 spokes, and about 1900 grams for the pair. Good rear engagement and so far tough as nails. Nice looking wheels (black hubs, black spokes and red anodized nipples) and good communications from Loaded when ordered. Came nicely packed and wheels were very true.

Weaknesses:    Could use a slightly wider rim if running larger that a 2.2 tire. Pricing is high on these.

Bottom Line:
I've run these on my Titus Rockstar since May, 2012 with zero issues. This includes a long week long every day riding trip to Oregon and riding over lots and lots of rocks (North Umpqua Trail/Dread and Terror was awesome). I read the other limited reviews, and my hubs have been excellent and I've only had to slightly true the back wheel once. No spokes have come loose and the wheels were well tensioned. I run these tubeless with Stan's rim strips; so far no issues and the Maxxis Ignitor tires seated easily. The wheels have been noticeably stiff compared to my other 29er wheelsets (Sun Ringle Pro Wheels and Mavic TN 719/XT hubs). I have destroyed lots of rear hubs; and so far no problems with the Loaded rear hub. The freehubs are about $60 from Loaded. A nice plus on these wheels is they come with adapters for the front and back; as I run a 15mm axle on the front. I would like to see a slightly wider (inside) rim profile on these. I'm not a bling, bling guy but these wheels do look great. These are worth looking at if you can find a decent price for them.

Loaded AMXC 29er Wheels

Sorry in advance for the length of this post. Hang with me, and I promise to try and make this useful :thumbsup: I did some searching on here and could not find any useful information on this wheel set as the company seems to be pretty new and un-tested by MTBR members. I was looking to beef ... Read More »