Kore XCD 26 Wheelset

• Material: 6066 welded seam
  • Bearing: New adj. sealed cartridge

Submitted by Al a Weekend Warrior from BrisVegas, Aus

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2007

Strengths:    Stiffness, brand support (see below), build

Weaknesses:    Hub (see below)

Bottom Line:
I managed to cross thread the hub when installing my rotors (Hint: install the carrier - which comes off hub - on the rotor first), but after emailing Kore they sorted out for a replacement hub (at cost) to be sent out to me. Pity Trickbits weren't up to the task. THIS WAS MY STUFFUP, but be careful.
Now had them on for about 6 rides (15-35km off road ea), and am finding them to be stiff as by old 32 spoke, love the rear hub, and they are just about to go in and get a post build tension and true (the rear wheel ended up being shop built).
So far I can not fault them. Would recommend for people after a light - medium duty XC wheels without breaking the bank. They would have got 4-5 if I hadn't of screwed the rear hub, that did tarnish it a bit for me.
Al..

Purchased At:   Chain Reaction Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Mavic 717's on Cerits

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Blur Classic, Reba SL's @ 110mm, XT Hydro's and shifters, Evolve cranks, stem, bar and Next LP seatpost.

Submitted by edwin widianto a Cross Country Rider from Jakarta - Indonesia

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2007

Strengths:    - Fast rolling
- nice looking
- suitable w/ shimano rotor and international standard brake rotor
- strong
- Sandvik spokes

Weaknesses:    - little bit heavier than other products with the same price.eq : shimano wh 775 (xt 2008)
- rim sticker fit not so well
- some spokes fit not so tight.
- not popular

Bottom Line:
I was not confident to buy this product before, but since I read the the feature from the catalog, the wheelset probably cheaper than other wheelset with 4 bearing. At the other hand, the wheel easy to modified or exchange the component like hub and spokes. I am satisfies with this wheel because it is rolling faster than my old wheel, (Mavic 117, XT hub)

Favorite Trail:   xc

Purchased At:   Formula Bike

Similar Products Used:   Shimano XT WH 765, FSA 300.

Bike Setup:   Kona Kula Primo frame, XT 2007 - 2008 Groupset, Reba Race, handle bar fsa os 190 , stem fsa fc os 150 and headset fsa orbit mx, KORE xcd 26 wheelset, odi grip, wtb rocket v, ritchey wcs seatpost

KORE XCD 26" wheelset

What can I expect from these wheelset? I can have then for +/-200€, CRC = +/-290€. Rim Width... I also can get front and rear hub for 25€+37€. Is it worth buying Hubs+spokes+nipples+rims... and assemble myself the wheelset?Read More »