Easton XC Two 29 Disc Wheelset

3.33/5 (3 Reviews)

At a mere 1,416 grams (29-inch), the Easton EC90 XC is the lightest UST wheelset on the market. In fact these wheels are about 200-grams lighter than the closest 29-er UST competition.

Submitted by Fippo

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2012

Strengths:    Lightweight, strong/durable and good looking

Weaknesses:    I haven't found any yet. I was worried about the 24 spoke design but they've held up to a couple hundred miles of rocky AZ riding without needing truing

Bottom Line:
I paid $260 for the wheelset and rode them on my daily rig and in a handful of races. They performed really well and needed no attention, I weigh 165 lbs and had them on a GF Supercaliber 29er.

Submitted by kustomz a Cross Country Rider from Kansas City, MO. USA

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2011

Strengths:    Low rotaional weight, yet not crazy light. Very stiff and great feedback. Super quiet hub with very positive engagement. Has worked flawless with Bontrager TLR rim strips. Backed by a good Easton reputation.

Weaknesses:    None found so far.

Bottom Line:
This is my second 29er wheelset and I am more than impressed with my initial findings. I feel this is probably an excellent upgrade choice over a heavier OEM wheelset. They are near pace with a topline race wheel even though it is not marketed to be.

Favorite Trail:   Stocksdale

Purchased At:   Bicycle Outfitters I

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Supercaliber

Submitted by rednow a Cross Country Rider from Rockville, Md

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2010

Strengths:    low weight

Weaknesses:    Spokes, Overall Build

Bottom Line:
I bought these wheels to use as a race wheel set. before my first race (2nd ride) a spoke broke and most of the other spokes loosened. I called Easton to find the spoke length and warrenty info. The service rep at easton was unable to give the length and took my info for her boss to call me back. I called several times and never recieved a phone call.