DT Swiss X 1900 Spline 29 Wheelset

Weight : 2025g MSRP : $149.49

DT Swiss performance and value combine in this incredible 29er wheel set. With Spline two pawl hubs and straight pull spokes, this 29er wheel set is a great wheel set to ride single track for days.

Submitted by keithrad a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2014

Strengths:    Worked fine for about 3 months. Don't know about the rims and spokes over the long haul...

Weaknesses:    Freewheel. Either the design or the material, or both!

Bottom Line:
This review is for the rear wheel only. This wheel was sent to me as a warranty replacement for a DT Swiss M1600 that came stock on my Yeti SB95 comp. Both of these wheels experienced the same freewheel failure. It appears that the ratchet rings get gouged fairly easy which causes the pawls to hang up and grab. I am a 230 lb. rider for reference.

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Similar Products Used:   Speed Tuned wheels on my Intense Tracer 29 held up fine. Being my 2nd 29er I don't have much else to compare.

Bike Setup:   2014 Yeti SB 95 a comp. Sram 2 X 10. Bontrager Rythm Pro Carbon bars. KS ETen dropper post. Fixing to purchase new wheelset.

Submitted by agabriel

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2014

Strengths:    When the wheel works it feels nice.

Weaknesses:    The pawl mechanism in the rear hub failed on my 4th ride.

Bottom Line:
This wheel set came OE on a Pivot 429 I recently purchased. The rule of thumb I've always hears is that OE wheels typically aren't great and these wheels have lived up to that rule. I've been out four times on these wheels and the pawl mechanism appears to have failed. The free hub is intermittently seized.

This wheel set has been out for 4 rides. The first 2 went really well. I heard one strange noise the other day during ride 3 (assuming it was beginning to go). During the 4th ride today it became much worse and cut the ride short after 20 minutes. My LBS is going to fix them and I'm hoping to finish the season on them.

I should add that I trust my LBS - they are a great shop. They mentioned they have never seen a DT hub fail like this and I believe them.