DT Swiss M 1900 Wheelset

2.33/5 (3 Reviews)

DT Swiss M-1900 6-bolt Disc QR Front Wheel: Strong and durable all mountain wheelset built with optimized components. Disc specific single-eyelet disc rim (26x19.2) 370-inspired International Standard 6-bolt disc hub with 8-9 speed freehub...

Submitted by partusa a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2015

Strengths:    Strong rim and spokes

Weaknesses:    On the heavy side and rear hub ratchet destroyed after 700 miles.

Bottom Line:
The wheelset came stock on my Yeti bike. I mainly ride trail and travel 2 times per year to ride all mountain. Not a heavy rider and not super aggressive either, just an advance MTB rider. I rode the wheelset tubeless (stans conversion) with different tires, HR2 2.35 and Hans Dampf 2.35 in the front and Ardent 2.25 and Nobby nic 2.25 on the back. The wheelset has around 1200 miles now and I had to true the rear wheel only once since new. Spokes are still tight, never touched them. The set is a little heavy, but probably similar to other wheelset for the same money.
The real problem was that the ratchet of the rear hub got destroyed after 700 miles and I mean completely destroyed. Pieces of metal from shredded teeth ended up fixing the ratchet while I was on the trail and I ended up with a fixed gear hub. I contacted DT Swiss, got a prepaid label, shipped the wheel and got the wheel repaired back 2 weeks later.
The hubs are the entry level DT hubs, not the 240 or the 350.

Duration Product Used:   1200 miles

Submitted by haristheodoropoulos a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2013

Strengths:    Very strong wheelset

Weaknesses:    Max tire size 2.35.

Bottom Line:
Very strong wheels .They do perfect in all mountain/enduro slopes and the handle perfectly moderate to big jumps. 4 stars only because the take max 2.35 tires and they could have been lighter

Duration Product Used:   1 year

Submitted by gtxtrem a All Mountain Rider from Cottonwood Heights, UT USA

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2012

Strengths:    Not sure after only 4 rides. They seem to work well and did not "spoon" in hard fast corners. That is good when the rider (that would be me) is 225lbs.

Weaknesses:    Left side hub assembly fell out on fourth ride. I am pretty sure this is not supposed to happen.

Bottom Line:
Bottom line is this: I don't think anyone should buy these rims. I can't get DT Swiss to respond to my emails or phone calls. While they seem to handle well in the corners and rough DH, the Rim falls apart after 4 rides.... no support from the factory.... enough said. Buy Mavic! They always supported me when I had issues. Even if it was my fault....

Favorite Trail:   All of 'em

Purchased At:   Jenson

Similar Products Used:   Mavic, Shimano, WTB.

Bike Setup:   2011 Yeti 575 Enduro.( these Rims are spec'd on the bike.)