Crank Brothers Cobalt 29er Wheelset

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Crank Brothers Cobalt 29er Disc Wheelset: Same lightweight build as the 26" Cobalt wheels, except with 29" rims. 19mm ID (23.6mm OD) welded, anodized 6061-T6 aluminum rim with machined "Y" ribbed cross-section. 1.6 spokes attach at the base...

Submitted by DH/Chico a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2013

Strengths:    Strong, Durable, Great customer service, easy to work on.

Weaknesses:    They can't take a direct garage hit, but that is my fault for being an idiot.

Bottom Line:
This is my second set of cobalt's. My first set is when they first came out and I was riding a 26inch wheel. I enjoyed them so much and had a great customer service experience that when I bought my new 29er I went with them again. These are light strong wheels! I dropped legit five pounds from stock wheels that came on my bike.I ride my bikes hard and these wheels have taken everything I have thrown at them. The only thing that they didn't take was me forgetting (after a long night out) that I still had my bike on my roof when I drove them into my garage. Once again though Crank Brothers customer service was great. Another great thing about these wheels are that when they go out of true they are a lot easier to true up then a 32 spoke wheel.

Favorite Trail:   Any trail

Duration Product Used:   1 year

Bike Setup:   Salsa Dos Niner

Submitted by clj766 a Cross Country Rider from charlotte nc usa

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2011

Strengths:    bling, bling and more bling.
sound of hub
no rim strips needed to run tubeless

Weaknesses:    none as of yet

Bottom Line:
So far these rims have been great they are what they are and that is a light weight cross country wheels I'm not planning on doing drops of any size on these baby's. real attention getter.

Favorite Trail:   byt

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   na

Bike Setup:   29er xc

Submitted by bansheeboy95 a Cross Country Rider from modesto,ca united states

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2011

Strengths:    stiffness, easy on off with quick release skewers easy to clean

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
cant get a stiffer set of wheels easy to change spokes crankbros were happy to answer any questions i had before purchase not bad weight way to go crankbros

Favorite Trail:   wilder ranch santa cruz,ca

Purchased At: