BombShell Crusher Wheelset

Ideal wheelset for going big. 26" triple wall. 48-hole 14 gauge stainless spokes. Perfect in Downhill, Street, Park. Super trued on a holland lacing machine. Sold as wheelset only.

Submitted by J a Cross Country Rider from Canyon Lake, TX, USA

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2008

Strengths:    Strong. Flex-free. Bullet proof. Bomb proof. Indestructible. Sucks you into bigger obstacles. My bike still climbs like it has lighter rims.

Weaknesses:    Unwarranted reputation for weight. Mysteriously don't have a weighty feel.

Bottom Line:
Wholly cow! Took them for a spin through uphills, downhills, rock gardens, etc. I thought the weight would be a penalty. WRONG! There was absolutely no weight penalty in the climbs. They're so stiff that every bit of pedal stroke translates into equal forward motion. There's not bobbin', and no flex. These wheels rock! Don't listen to the weight weenies! These won't let you down, and will improve your riding and your bike drastically. Buy them now!

Favorite Trail:   Madrone

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   Cane Creek WAMS, Rhyno Lites

Bike Setup:   Marin Attack Trail. XO. Thompson. Easton. Manitou Nixon Fork.

Submitted by Colin Mortson a Downhiller from BURBANK'CALI

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2007

Strengths:    ALL

Weaknesses:    NONE I CAN FIND

Bottom Line:
I am very impressed with these wheels they are the BEST for the price I would put any rimset against the CRUSHERS are sick. I just started FREERIDING DROPS AND JUMPS and am not smooth at all these take it all I hope to take them on some BIG DROPS soon as I get the SKILL to step up and see what I am really capable of doing. I would recommend these wheels to amyone who wants tuff as they come wheels to BUY EM NOW they are a great upgrade for FREERIDING and HARD RIDERS.

Favorite Trail:   G SPOT

Purchased At:   PRICE POINT

Similar Products Used:   HED DH CARBON

Bike Setup:   MOUNTAIN CYCLE SIN AVALANCHE SUSP. BOTH ENDS EASTON CARBON bars and seatpost,stem raceface cranks,minion tires,hope mono 6 ti brakes,all the good stuff

Submitted by roy a Downhiller from SA TX

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2006

Strengths:    all of it !

Weaknesses:    The frames you put them on

Bottom Line:
I weight 250 naked and ride HARD (3 dead dee-max and lots of dead spinnergy fall line spokes) these are F ing strong I really Hucked for 2 months before tighting a spoke!!!

Purchased At:   DZ

Similar Products Used:   NADA, DEE MAX sucked, SPINNERGY sucked

Bike Setup:   Astrix HUCKSTER el-jefe shiver

Submitted by Scott from Yokosuka, Japan

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2005

Strengths:    TRIPLE WALLED 48 SPOKE RIMS. No one makes a stronger rim. I weigh in around 215 without my gear and I have put some serious stress on these rims and they are still perfect. Zero pinch flats, never had to true them, they can handle me and my gear landing REALLY wrong with no problems. I have tested a few other rims like the DeeMax(several different years since the new ones are trash and Mavic is still trying to make a buck off the good ones they made a few years ago) but none can compete. I have tried to bend these rims because I read on a different site that they were "unbreakable" but they can take a lot of really abusive treatment and still look like new. I haven't had to do any maintenence on the rims or hubs other than cleaning them to keep them working and looking like new. Bombshell has AWESOME customer service!

Weaknesses:    1. Not enough shops carry them.
2. They make everybody elses rims look weak.
3. Since you can't taco them you can't talk trash about them.

All B.S. aside, these rims and hubs are bombproof and have no weaknesses. I have tried to mess them up with 12 foot drops onto flat concrete running Maxxis Highroller tires and Maxxis DH tubes at 40 PSI and not even a pinch-flat.

OK, it's a b!tch to tune my BB7 brakes through the 48 spokes, but it's a little b!tch so I don't mind too much

Bottom Line:
Unbeatable, unbreakable bada$$ wheels that can take anything you throw at them and come back for more. I built this bike to take anything I can put it through and so far I haven't had any problems. Don't bother with the yellow rims that aren't what they used to be, give these a try and you will never look back. If you put lots of stress on your wheels whether you are a bigger rider like me or you love doing crazy drops or both BUY THESE RIMS. I haven't been able to hurt them yet and they look very pimp.

Purchased At:   bombshellparts.com

Similar Products Used:   DeeMax 04, 02, 01 but nothing really compares to these

Bike Setup:   04 Scott Genius RC-10, Marzocchi 66RC 170mm, XTR-Saint-XT drivetrain/ shifters& brake levers, Avid BB7 185mm discs, Monkeylite DH handlebar, Race Face Diabolous Stem, Zu-Zu pedals

Submitted by LIL bigMAN a Downhiller from San diego

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2005

Strengths:    These rims are great.Very stiff no side flex and have not lost one bit of trueness from the day I first put them on.
I downhill these bad boys on a hardtail an they simply rock!!

Bottom Line:
Best bang for the buck.Super stiff wheel-set that can can take a beating from my 260lb 6'2 person.If they had a weakness I would of found it by now !!!

Favorite Trail:   planet earth

Similar Products Used:   mavic's dh wheel set ,sorry no contest the Bombshell Crusher wheel-set is stronger.

Bike Setup:   AvantHT frame, mrp,hayes,xt rd,tomsom bars an seatpost,an 05 flick

Submitted by Jim Bear a Downhiller from San Diego

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2005

Strengths:    These wheels are so very stiff and strong. I do not know how many times I came up short on some stairs gaps and I do not even have a dent on them . Not that heavy either

Bottom Line:
If you are very hard on wheels then get them you will not be disapointed they will be the last part on your bike that will break or bend

Favorite Trail:   Can't Say

Similar Products Used:   Atomic trail pimps there where week compaired to these .

Bike Setup:   Avent Jibster with Manitou fork and all the good stuff

Huron Mountain Crusher (Marquette Sun Aug 24th)

We've got a 50+ mile ride heading into some of the most remote country near Marquette on August 23rd. Unnamed roads, unmapped trails, no resupply options, etc. Lots of fun to be had for the adventurous! Flyer below for detais but feel free to reach out here, on Facebook ([url]https://www.facebo ... Read More »

Sun Crusher 7

It is not really a mountain bike although I have used it that way (snow riding). It is a cruiser. But it is a fat bike, so here it is: Before: [ATTACH=CONFIG]899038[/ATTACH] After (some parts and some spray can Rustoleum): [ATTACH=CONFIG]899036[/ATTACH] Well, that's all I got.Read More »

Is 29 x 2.4 Nobby Nic large circumference a soul crusher?

I am really liking this tire on back, but it wears a bit fast and SEEMS slow. It is taller than my Geax Gato 2.3, and I am wondering why I feel like I am slower pedaling with this tire? Anyone think the larger circumference is like a higher gear? Or just slow roller with tread blocks? Thanks.Read More »

Sun Crusher Womens Bike

I've been shopping for a bike for my wife, something to cruise around on and take the kiddo for rides on (we've got a co-pilot) & a trailer. We went to the only 3 bike shops in our area and rode 200 dollar bikes up to 1500dollar bikes.. the VERY last bike she rode was a Sun Crusher (womens model) ... Read More »

Sun Crusher 7

[url=http://www.sunbicycles.com/product_detail.php?short_code=Crusher+7&cl1=CRUISER]Sun Bicycles - Product[/url] Surprised I'm the first to post on this (that I know of). Steel frame, 170mm rear, 7 speed derailleur. 3.5" cruiser tires. 80mm 36h rims. Vee brakes. No idea whether it will fit 3.7 ... Read More »