WTB Prowler MX Tubeless Tire

The Prowler MX (Motocross) featuresThe same aggressiveTread design asThe Prowler XT, but with a shifted centerTread.The Prowler MX is designed for speed and it is a highly predictableTire at speed, boasting deep-piercing lateral grip in loose conditions.The 2.5-inch version excels onTreacherous descents and high-speed chutes whileThe MX 2.1-inchThrives on epic, day-longTrail rides. Beads: Race: Aramid bead Team DH: Steel bead Weight: 2.5 Race: 952 g 2.5Team DH: 1350 g

Submitted by silentG a Weekend Warrior from Prescott Arizona

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2012

Strengths:    I have used both the non-UST Prowler MX 2.3 and the UST version of the same.I like them both but I like the UST version a little bit better, may have something to do with using lower tire pressure with UST (24-27 front, 25-28 rear).

The Prowler MX is a good all around tire that works well in my area as well as down in the desert around Phoenix. Traction is good, cornering is good, and the tire is predictable when it breaks loose.

I don't feel like I'm going to die in the chunk when using this tire and I don't feel like I can't get up loose stuff when I need to.

Haven't had any problems with inflating on my rims (819) and sidewall durability has been good. Basically this tire has allowed me to think more about the trails and less about what my tires are doing so I'm more comfortable and confident when using this tire.

This is the best tire that I have used so far and that I have kept on using and using.

Weaknesses:    The only issue I have seen with this tire is that the rear tends to wear quickly although this isn't a huge deal. The edge side knobs tend to get chewed up on the back although Arizona rocks do that to just about every tire. Could be related to lower pressures but that is a trade-off I am willing to make.

It also doesn't appear that WTB is making this tire anymore. WTB has the Moto 2.3 which looks very similar.

Bottom Line:
I love me some Prowler MX. Excellent value and performance

Purchased At:   TreeFort

Similar Products Used:   Maxxis Ignitor (tubed), Panaracer Fire XC (tubed), WTB Velociraptor (tubed), WTB MutanoRaptor (tubed and TCS)

Bike Setup:   Kona Dawg

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!