Tioga Psycho Genius UST Tubeless Tire

Inspired by the cornering prowess of the iconic Tioga Psycho line of tires and....

Submitted by Henry a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2016

Strengths:    Good traction, strong and reliable, not real heavy, priced right.,seats easily as tubless.

Weaknesses:    None really, could be lighter

Bottom Line:
I ride both in S.W.FL and SantaFe NM, this Tire handles both terrains. I've tried lighter,more expensive tires (specialized ground control for one)and had to walk back to the trailhead. Psycho's haven't let me down. 1st had one on a Cannondale Caffeine 29er and then on a couple lynskey's. May be better specialty tirestores, but can't beat this for all around cross country tire.

Favorite Trail:   Dale Ball, Alafia

Duration Product Used:   Years

Purchased At:   United States

Similar Products Used:   Specialized ground control, schwalbe noby nic

Bike Setup:   Various lynskeys

Submitted by CrzyMD

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2015

Strengths:    Tires are a personal preference for location, terrain, use and surface. My go to tires, are the IRD 29 Fire XC Pro, Tioga Psycho Genius and WTB Bronson to give you some comparisons. This review is about the new Psycho Genius VENTURE. There wasn't a column for it here, so I am adding it. I just love the Psycho Genius Tire. Great price, works fantastic, but was still getting a little front end slip (ride in So Cal, it is dried clay with light dust on it). So thought I would try a little bit wider tire (its a 2.4").
I LOVE this tire. It mounts up easy, seals first time with Stan's, and holds air better than any other tire. It has a rounded profile (the IRD and Bronson have a square edge), which seems to really make the difference in front end traction. The first thing I noticed however, was the low rolling resistance. It has low tread in the middle and aggressive knobs on the sides in a progressive manner, so it doesn't just "give way." Once mounted, I get a lot of looks from other riders asking me what kind of tire that is, as it looks like a chain saw on the bike! In fact, I was skeptical of the tread pattern as it didn't look like it worked at all. It does, and very well!

Weaknesses:    Great traction, low rolling resistance, holds air, tubeless for a long time, mounts up easily, no sliding front end, and got it on Amazon for $48!!!! So show me the weakness! There isn't any!

Bottom Line:
Fantastic tire. My new go to tire. Price, quality, rolling resistance, holds air. Meets all my needs. A big 5!