Stans NoTubes Stans NoTubes The Crow 26x2.0 Tubeless Tire

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

• 26 x 2.0 Semi-Slick Folding Bead (50-559)
  • Tubeless Ready but may be used with a tube
  • Intended for low pressure use, 16-43 PSI maximum
  • Fast rolling center knobs with soft rubber side knobs

Submitted by qkenuf4u a Weekend Warrior from lake havasu city arizona USA

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2011

Strengths:    LIGHT,fast rolling,work very well on the road

Weaknesses:    PIN HOLES IN SIDEWALLS , mushy even at max pressure(43psi)

Bottom Line:
tires air up decently easy (lots of soap/water) , found half dozen pin holes in sidewalls... sorry but thats rediculous to me. good thing the tires full of stans... also w/ 43psi they burp pretty easy if leaned into a corner on the street...
ill go with a 3 for chilis cause they are a decent product but the couple problems i had with them is kinda silly. its a TUBELESS READY TIRE- that to me means the beads need sealed up NOT THE WHOLE FREAKIN TIRE. i dont have to fill my car/motorcycle tires with stans/slime to seal them....
anyways ill use them awhile longer and see if they stay sealed up.. ive had the pin holes start leaking just sitting there.. thats really unacceptable to me.... not a good thing to have happen out on the trail....

Favorite Trail:   around town

Purchased At:   outside outfitters

Similar Products Used:   was running CST CHEYENNES w/ stans... worked PERFECT but heavy and lots of rolling resistance....

Bike Setup:   IBIS MOJO CARBON (ya ya sorry theres no good riding where i live to do the MOJO justice)

Submitted by burcak a Cross Country Rider from Turkey

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2010

Strengths:    Traction, Lightweight, Cornering Grip and the CROWS FLY BLACK!

Weaknesses:    Leaky Sidewalls

Bottom Line:
I had to have them just for the name and the goth pattern! :D But I can say that they are superb too! Have great traction in spite the low profile thread when used at low pressures per Stan's recommendation. I was afraid of punctures by the feeling of the really thin material of tire but did not have any for my 200kms or so offroad use (going a bit through a field of small thorned plants too)

The negative points are; I could not seal a leaking portion on the sidewall of the Crow no matter how long I shaked, rattled and rolled it (as in Stan's video :D) I gave up after 2 hours or so.. But it's not too bad; it loses 3-5psi in two weeks or so.
The Raven I have on the front is ok though..
And I feel as if the rolling resistance is higher on a smooth road, compared to my previouse Michelin XC HT tires, but the traction increase on offroad is much pronounced and more than compensates this. However note that I used 30-40 psi on the Michelins.

They were a breeze to pump up even with a foot floor pump (Note that I use ZTR rims too) Just be sure that you apply LOTS of soapy water both on the tire bead and on the yellow tape too.

I am 115 lbs and use 20psi fr 23psi rear for singletrack rides. I would rather use higher pressures if I had to use them mainly on road.

Similar Products Used:   Michelin XC Hard-Terrain tubed; similar for having low profile thread.

Bike Setup:   Marin Pine Mtn Steel HT with ZTR Race Rims, Hayes Superlite Hubs, DT Supercomps and SID100 fork if relevant..
I use Crow rear / Raven front tubeless with Stan's sealent.