Stans NoTubes 29er Rim Strip Tubeless Tire

Stan's 29er Rim Strip converts standard tubed wheels to tubeless so you can reap the benefits. Going tubeless allows you to run low tire pressure for...

Submitted by SlickWilly8019

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2012

Strengths:    Easy Setup, makes your rims tubeless ready.

Bottom Line:
I bough 2 of these separate (not in kit form) to convert my Bonny AT850 rims to tubeless, the conversion is easy I recommend you watch the videos on Stans notubes website and skip the stuff on Youtube unless its from the manufacturer. There are steps in their videos that are very useful and help get the done right the first time, trust me I watched the videos on Youtube and was confused on where to start.

Setup was easy, pull off the factory rim strip, scuff the inside with a pad, clean it and drill out the valve stem hole in the rim. All in all it took me about 20 minutes to setup non tubeless rims into tubeless. The LBS insisted that I would not be able to convert to tubeless unless I dropped $600 into UST rims, they were wrong.

Favorite Trail:   White Tank Mountains

Purchased At:   AZ Cyclery, Glendale

Bike Setup:   2012 Trek Marlin, Bonny 29-3 TLR Front, Specy The Captain Control 2Bliss Ready rear, MiliTec1 permanent dry lube on chain.