Schwalbe Rocket Ron EVO UST Tubeless Tire

2.8/5 (5 Reviews)

This super light

Submitted by John

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2013

Strengths:    Light, superlight

Weaknesses:    Weak sidewall, cost

Bottom Line:
First of all, they did not seat very good at mounting time. I have stans no tube arch ex trail rims with chris king hubs. Still did not seal with liquid for at lease 2 hrs after keeping air in it. Finally, I get to ride on them. Looked and felt really fast and supple on the up hill but when the hill turned down, it took about 200 yards of a little pounding on rock and roots and the bead started to leak. So, pumped it up and on I go, not but a 100 yard down the trail it does it again, and again, and again, and again, does not matter on how much or how little air it sucks. My buddies made me the laughing stock of the day. Not a good day. These are made for 120 lbs people and less. Should have a weight limit.

Submitted by garne2t a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2012

Strengths:    Light

Weaknesses:    Easy puncture. durability

Bottom Line:
My first ride on these tires and I had a flat. When I replace the tire, there were 4 thorns in it. The other tire had a thorn in it too but luckily my sealant worked to keep that tire from going flat. The tires seem light but have few nobbies and little tread so they won't last long.

Bike Setup:   Scott Spark PRO 29er Full Suspension Mountain Bike

Submitted by Shaw a Racer

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2012

Strengths:    Awesome, confidence inspiring grip! LIGHT! Fast Rolling. Good looking tire. You can run these at 23-25lbs with no issues.

Weaknesses:    Hard to get to seal when setting up tubeless (need a GOOD air compressor). Wear quickly. They have a tendancy to puncture once in a while (just keep lots of juice in them).

Bottom Line:
Buy these tires, they will make you ride faster. Your corners will be smoother, less skidding and they have some nice volume cush to them (which is great for us Hardtailers).

Favorite Trail:   Any Singletrack

Purchased At:   ?

Similar Products Used:   Everything....

Bike Setup:   Scott Scale RC 29er

Submitted by kinan a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2012

Strengths:    Phenomenal grip in dry hardpack, climbs well, corners like on on rails, lighter and side knobs grippier than anything previous. Supple, confidence inspiring. Haven't been in sand or mud yet.

Weaknesses:    Cost? I hope these last longer than the previous reviewer.

Bottom Line:
I replaced F/R WTB Wierwolf 2.55 with the 2.40 version of these and got a wider tire and still lost 1/2 pound of unsprung weight on my bike which made it feel incredibly light. Listed as 530 grs on the box but these were 580 and 540. More grip than Nevegals and roll faster. Slightly slower on pavement than the Wiers. Sealed up Stans on a halo rim easier than any other tire, a few pin holes in the sidewalls that sealed no problem..
I was worried about the strength of these tires since I'm a clydesdale 6'3" #255 but have full confidence in them. Just finished my second ride and noticed that places I used to grunt a little I now roll smoothly over them. On the big ring more than ever. Even if they wear fast I'll buy them again, they are that good.

Favorite Trail:   PQ, Hodges, Daley Ranch

Purchased At:   Bike Bling Escondido

Similar Products Used:   Wierwolf 2.55, nevegals, small block 8, panaracer fire xc pro, mutano 2.4

Bike Setup:   Chumba VF2, revelation air, monarch RT3 HV mid tune, hope hubs on halos. X0 rear and shifters, XTR front, Avid Ultimate. 27.5 pounds.

Submitted by mudgirl a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2012

Strengths:    terrific in on wet rocks and roots, fast rolling

Weaknesses:    tread wears off after just a couple months, easy to puncture

Bottom Line:
These tires were AWESOME...... for about 2 months. After that, the knobs were wearing right down even with the rest of the tread they were attached to. I pierced a large hole in the rear tire after landing on a pile of flat rocks that I've never had issues with before, also. Luckily Stan's sealant sealed it up and it never leaked, but it was not the most confidence inspiring event.

These tires came on a new Anthem x3 29er I'd bought, and after looking them up online, I figured out they're meant to be racing tires. I think for racing purposes or if you're not riding them often, they're probably great. Just not for every day, all purpose use. I do have to say that before they started wearing down, they had INCREDIBLE grip on wet rocks and roots. I could stay upright in conditions that were sending all my fellow riders sliding all over the place.

Favorite Trail:   Shindagin Hollow